SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 08:42 PM   #21
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Japan Car Company

mitsu

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2009, 09:17 PM   #22
Sival
Sival will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
mitsu
Is that just a guess or do you have sources?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sival's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sival reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 PM   #23
saturnplace
saturnplace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn of cary -Jill View Post
Where does this insight come from?
Cheers,
Jill
I am not going to divulge my sources to how I know it's Japan. I also know a little more than the Japan part, but don't think it's appropriate to post that information here. Jill, the only thing I can tell you is that I am in the retail network like you and have a few connections.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnplace's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnplace reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 PM   #24
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Somehow, I don't think so....

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubis...workforce.html

Mitsubishi News 3/27/2009
Mitsubishi cuts U.S. workforce

In an effort to better align its North American operations with sagging demand, Mitsubishi confirmed on Friday the elimination of 140 U.S. jobs. The majority of the job cuts came from the company’s Cypress, California headquarters, leaving only 390 employees at that location.

Of the 140 jobs cuts, 130 came from Mitsubishi’s North American headquarters. The cut represents 25 percent of the headquarters’ employees. The eliminations came from Mitsubishi’s sales and credit departments.

In a letter to Automotive News, Mitsubishi explained the cuts are to “ensure longevity in this challenging market. These actions will realign its infrastructure to correspond to a much smaller U.S. automotive market.”

Mitsubishi’s U.S. sales fell by 24.6 percent last year, ahead of the industry average of 18 percent in the red. Mitsubishi closed its California design studio earlier this month.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #25
Sival
Sival will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan

I thought about it a little more and I realized another reason why Mitsubishi could be interested in distributing cars through Saturn dealers. Mitsubishi dealers are often accused of being a throwback to the bad old days of shifty car salesmen and of being amateurish. Saturn dealers are on the other hand associated with the best in the industry. This could be one reason for Mitsubishi to be attracted at the idea of being able to sell their cars here while avoiding having to build an entire network from scratch.

Plus, Mitsubishi is a mega-conglomerate, so they have the funds.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sival's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sival reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #26
bigbird
bigbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sival View Post
Mitsubishi dealers are often accused of being a throwback to the bad old days of shifty car salesmen and of being amateurish.
Agree 100%. They still are in my neck of the woods. Wouldn't trust one of those slick fast talkers. Give me an old man Saturn salesman any time. (I'm serious).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigbird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigbird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #27
saturn of cary -Jill
saturn of cary -Jill is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnplace View Post
I am not going to divulge my sources to how I know it's Japan. I also know a little more than the Japan part, but don't think it's appropriate to post that information here. Jill, the only thing I can tell you is that I am in the retail network like you and have a few connections.
Then you need to re-read that confidentiality agreement you signed. I will take into consideration that it is April 1st, but I still think you are not who you say you are. Let's compare "connections" and see which one of us wins, LOL.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn of cary -Jill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn of cary -Jill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn of cary -Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #28
L55
L55 is on a distinguished road

I hope this partnership deal gets announced before any saturn plans get possibly revised by gm.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L55's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L55 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
L55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #29
cavalier
cavalier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Let's see, you're listed as a junior member of these boards and have been a member for less than a year.

I'm calling ka-ka on your claim on "inside information" and being part of the network.

Nice try, though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cavalier's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cavalier reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #30
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

but she is correct

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #31
unit731
unit731 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
it is a japanese company .

Dreamers!

It's not going to be a brand that already has a dealer network. Do you really believe they would negate all the current (Japan) dealers here now? Ain't gonna happen.

Isuzu? They just quit.

Daihatsu Motors? They already tried.

Proton? That's a government company and not a very good one either.

Zastava (Yugo)? I doubt it.

There is no one left except the Saturn Dealers. And they have no money and certainly don't want any of GM's debt. Yes, the debt goes along with the sale, doesn't it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unit731's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unit731 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unit731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #32
themrfreeze
themrfreeze is on a distinguished road

Why not Peugeot or Renaut? I'm sure the French would love to start selling cars in North America, and the "tainted" names from their previous attempts wouldn't be used if they were rebadged as Saturns.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to themrfreeze's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help themrfreeze reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
themrfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #33
saturnplace
saturnplace is on a distinguished road

Not going to bother with a reply to the doubters.

Rethink your Saturn. Accessorize.
http://www.saturnaccessories.com

Last edited by saturnplace; 04-01-2009 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: not going to waste my time

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnplace's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnplace reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #34
bigbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrfreeze View Post
Why not Peugeot or Renaut? I'm sure the French would love to start selling cars in North America, and the "tainted" names from their previous attempts wouldn't be used if they were rebadged as Saturns.
I'm sure they both make decent cars, but most Americans would never step foot in a dealership selling either Peugeot or Renault vehicles. However, they may stand a better chance if they DIDN'T use the Saturn name. I think the Saturn name must go and the new venture, if it really materializes, needs to start totally fresh. Saturn is dead, their vehicles from GM will be dead, and the rebirth of their franchises, because that's all it will be, can't be associated with anything "Saturn". If any Saturn name is kept, then this new venture has already shot itself in the foot. I still say that most Americans associate the Saturn name with plastic bodied cheap small cars that aren't very desirable. Of course, that's not my personal opinion. We had 4 polymer sided Saturns through the years and I wish they were still making Ions.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help bigbird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #35
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie00SL2 View Post
It's American or nothing as far as I'm concerned. That was the whole point of Saturn in the first place.
....he says from the driver's seat of his Japanese car..........

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #36
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Dreamers!

It's not going to be a brand that already has a dealer network. Do you really believe they would negate all the current (Japan) dealers here now? Ain't gonna happen.

Isuzu? They just quit.

Daihatsu Motors? They already tried.

Proton? That's a government company and not a very good one either.

Zastava (Yugo)? I doubt it.

There is no one left except the Saturn Dealers. And they have no money and certainly don't want any of GM's debt. Yes, the debt goes along with the sale, doesn't it?
Proton isn't Japanese, it's Malaysian. Zastava isn't Japanese either.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #37
saturn_69
Master Member

My guess? Saturn gets liquidated along with Hummer, Pontiac and Saab when GM files Chapter 11 bankruptcy next month. Saturn isn't moving fast enough to save itself now. I think all the talk about a deal that we'll be 'excited about' is all just gasping for air and trying to stay relevant. Sorry for being a realist, but the clock is running down and there's no time for a last minute save.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #38
bigbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69 View Post
My guess? Saturn gets liquidated along with Hummer, Pontiac and Saab when GM files Chapter 11 bankruptcy next month. Saturn isn't moving fast enough to save itself now. I think all the talk about a deal that we'll be 'excited about' is all just gasping for air and trying to stay relevant. Sorry for being a realist, but the clock is running down and there's no time for a last minute save.
I agree with that scenario, especially considering Fritz's statements yesterday. There may not be enough time for any kind of spinoff.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #39
saturn of cary -Jill
saturn of cary -Jill is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Not going to bother with a reply to the doubters.
How much can you know from your chair in the parts department?
Cheers,
Jill

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn of cary -Jill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn of cary -Jill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn of cary -Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #40
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn of cary -Jill View Post
How much can you know from your chair in the parts department?
Cheers,
Jill
Oh SNAP! hehehehe

Really. He needs to put up or shut up. ANYONE can sit here all day long and post that they know something when they don't, but only a fool would believe everything they read on the 'net. This guy is looking for a few good fools. I ain't biting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!