SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 11-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #1
newbievueowner
newbievueowner is a jewel in the roughnewbievueowner is a jewel in the roughnewbievueowner is a jewel in the roughnewbievueowner is a jewel in the rough

2006 VUE Red Line
Default Vue is going to pasture

Well, the constant salt bath up here in the great white north finally got the best of my 2006 Vue Redline AWD. Rocker panels all rotted out (didnít actually realize it was that bad until I got underneath a few weeks ago for a rattling heat shield). I guess it was basically my fault as I didnít have it oiled for rust proofing. Looking back, I probably should have done that. Iíll see if I part it out, sell it whole for parts or see what a dealer might give on a trade in.

For those that are all worried about replacing the timing belt in these Honda engines, I wouldnít. I have right around 300,000 Kimís and have yet to do it and she still drives strong with no issues!

Sad to see it go as it really is a sporty/fun SUV to drive. Iím sure the 2016 Toyota Venza wonít fill the spot but the quality on the Toyota and the electronic AWD will make up for it. The delayed AWD system on the Vue really left something to be desired...
Saturn Vue: The 250 HP tupperware
newbievueowner is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
waiter21
Advanced Member
waiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to all

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Vue is going to pasture

sad... I was faced with similar fate on my 2003 Vue. The front engine cradle mounts were completely rusted away. If I couldn't do an acceptable repair, I'd need to abandon it.

Fortunately I was able to do a repair on them so I'm hoping I can get another 5 years out of it.
2003 Vue - 2.2L with Manual Trans. (Swapped)
Originally had 2.2L and Auto trans.
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:39 PM   #3
Bill Murray
Master Member
Bill Murray is a jewel in the roughBill Murray is a jewel in the roughBill Murray is a jewel in the roughBill Murray is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe
1997 SC1
Default Re: Vue is going to pasture

Slather that new Venza underneath with Woolwax and you'll have much better long term results. I love the stuff. Wish we'd had it 40 yrs ago.
Bill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote