SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 11-08-2020, 07:52 AM   #1
T93
T93 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Please Help! I need to know what parts I need to fix my shifter.(Manual transmission)

I'm new here and this is the first clutch I've ever owned. I own a 2006 Saturn Ion manual transmission. Two days before Halloween I was driving to Walmart to get my five year old daughter her costume, everything seemed fine when out of nowhere I went to shift into fourth gear and my whole shifter became really really loose and wouldn't go into any gear at all. We were on a pretty busy road but luckily no cars were behind us so we pushed it to the side of the road. It was dark, raining and cold but I checked all the cables to make sure they were all good and didn't see any problem with them. So at that point it was really late and cold so I just got me, my daughter, my mom and my girlfriend a ride home. A couple days later I went to go check on it again to find out what the problem was and found out that this plastic piece that connects the shifter to make one of the cables function right was damaged but I'm not sure what the part is called. I believe I need a pin and a couple bushings to hold it in but I'm not sure. In the link for the picture below, inside the hole there is metal broke off inside it. I need to get this fixed as soon as I can so I can make it back to work and get me and my daughter where we need to go, so If anybody can tell me what the whole part is called or let me know what I need to fix the problem I would really appreciate it.
(PICTURE BELOW)

Thanks in advance,

Tony (T93)

T93 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links