SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > How-To Library
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 02:57 AM   #41
2000 SL 1.9
2000 SL 1.9 is on a distinguished road

great post! thanks for sharing!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2000 SL 1.9's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2000 SL 1.9 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2004, 02:00 PM   #42
leonards
leonards is on a distinguished road

I
Wolfman,
have a '93 5-speed SL2 with DRL's but here in Canada the DRL's are the flashers, not the headlights. How will it affect the wiring?

Thanks,
Len

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leonards's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leonards reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-30-2004, 05:09 PM   #43
Kevin94SL
Kevin94SL is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

I'm looking at the same thing with a '94SL1. DRL's are the innermost set of lights, these are used as the turn sig's.

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin94SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin94SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-25-2004, 08:39 PM   #44
zippy_LiL_sL1
zippy_LiL_sL1 is on a distinguished road

this is what I see on my 2000 SL1 DRL Relay. Someone plz explain what all this means.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zippy_LiL_sL1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zippy_LiL_sL1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:40 PM   #45
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by zippy_LiL_sL1
this is what I see on my 2000 SL1 DRL Relay. Someone plz explain what all this means.

30= POS power supply (to what you want to turn on) the 30 indicates it is a 30 amp relay. Can handle a current load up to 30 amps)

87 What will GET that power once the relay is tripped

87a What will GET that power when the relay is NOT tripped

86 1/2 of the trip circuit (can be EITHER POS or NEG)

85 The other 1/2 of the trip circuit can also be EITHER POS or NEG but MUST be the opposite polarity of the 86 terminal for the relay to be tripped.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2004, 02:00 AM   #46
the_skin_eater
the_skin_eater is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1

ok, will this wurk if i disable my drl's??? or does this only kick in when i turn the lights on..by the way, i got same problem as the 2 up above, my drls are my brights..(well, not now, i switched the bulbs)

Im not crazy, just bored...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/the_skin_eater ---Chek it out.

All my time goes to the Talon...My girlfriend is jealous. But my car is jealous that I sleep with her...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to the_skin_eater's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help the_skin_eater reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-15-2004, 01:31 AM   #47
sierrap615
Master Member
sierrap615 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by the_skin_eater
ok, will this wurk if i disable my drl's??? or does this only kick in when i turn the lights on..by the way, i got same problem as the 2 up above, my drls are my brights..(well, not now, i switched the bulbs)
it should work with disabled drls, but don't just remove the relay, short it out so the right hi beam works to.(i know there is a how-to around here somewhere,can't remember who posted it).

don't know what happens with drls enabled

Formerly - Saturn of Downers Grove Parts Department
Current - Castle Chevy in Villa Park Parts Department

EPA 608 Certification
EPA 609 Certification

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sierrap615's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sierrap615 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-15-2004, 05:06 PM   #48
the_skin_eater
the_skin_eater is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1

Quote:
Originally posted by sierrap615
it should work with disabled drls, but don't just remove the relay, short it out so the right hi beam works to.(i know there is a how-to around here somewhere,can't remember who posted it).

don't know what happens with drls enabled
ya, thats wut i was gonna do. thanx for the input, I will let ya know soon if it wurks or not.

Im not crazy, just bored...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/the_skin_eater ---Chek it out.

All my time goes to the Talon...My girlfriend is jealous. But my car is jealous that I sleep with her...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to the_skin_eater's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help the_skin_eater reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2004, 09:26 PM   #49
sdbarker
sdbarker is on a distinguished road

So, what exactly is it going to take to get this mod to work on a 2001 SC2? I presently have the DRLs short-circuited.

-Scott

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sdbarker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sdbarker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:44 AM   #50
webxfx
webxfx is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Hi/Low Beams at the Same Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by L300Boy
I would like to announce the introduction of the Hi-Ho hi/lo modification from L300Boy inc. As you probably have decided, $20 is an outragous amount of money for this modification.

We offer several trim levels for under $7 DOLLARS!

Hi-Ho Classic:

This is our classic version of the ever popular Hi-Lo beam modification. Enough to modify several vehicles with black or grey interior. $6.98

http://www.tapemonster.com/master3.c...ta=Duct%20Tape

Hi-Ho Special:

The Hi-Ho Special is of the same quality of the Classic, but matches tan interiors. $4.25

Hi-Ho Sport:

The Hi-Ho Sport offers the quality of the Classic, but with the color Yellow. In addition to activating both high and low beams, it also gives your vehicle a sporty look and 5% performance increase*! $4.25

Are you for real?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to webxfx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help webxfx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:54 AM   #51
webxfx
webxfx is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Vue is wired different

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB_BlueVue
Just did this mod on my '03 Vue. .
Took a little longer, as the Vue is apparently wired differently than other Saturns. The big difference is that, though the headlamps have their ground switched, the corner marker light is hot wire switched. This only changed the wiring slightly, but the change is quite important.
On my '03, here's the wire colors that matter:
Pink: High Beam ground (switched)
Blue: Low Beam ground (switched)
Brown: Marker HOT (switched)

NOTE: the turn signal lamp ALSO uses a brown wire. They look identical. Be sure to use the MARKER lamp, not turn signal. Also, it is a 18-20 guage wire, so the "add-a-tap" splices will not work properly (at least the ones I've seen only do 14-16 guage).

Don't forget to fuse the +12 Volt feed you'll need. Here's a link to my drawing: Diagram
I don't get why you are using the marker light in all this....

very nice picture....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to webxfx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help webxfx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:47 AM   #52
sierrap615
Master Member

Default Re: Vue is wired different

if the low beams are always on with the high beams, DRL is a problem as they use the high beams. the way around this so the low beams are on with the highbeams and sidemarkers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help sierrap615 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #53
joshjani
joshjani has a spectacular aura aboutjoshjani has a spectacular aura aboutjoshjani has a spectacular aura about

2005 VUE 3.5L
2005 VUE 3.5L

What size fuse do I out in the fuse holder? It's a 30 amp relay- do I put a 30 amp fuse in?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joshjani's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joshjani reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2005, 12:45 PM   #54
Vertigoomg
Vertigoomg is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

After 8-hours of ghetto-rigging this SOB, I've decided to just ghetto-rig it even further, because the whole thing is starting to PISS ME OFF.

1. The Fog/driving light kit wasn't at Wal-mart. Got a 4-wire adapter. NO RELAY. MORON! (I'm the moron, btw... nobody else...)

2. Got the relays and wiring. Didn't know how to connect them properly. F___.

3. Got some **** to connect them right. Got it rigged up and blew SOMETHING when I turned the engine over. F___

So now this is my plan: Run the power to my parking lamps, use the low-beams as the switch, highs as lamp, and ground it to chassis. Hook the power and ground wires to fog lights, so the fog lights will now by DRL's. Only problem with this is that I won't have DRL's with only parking lights on. Damn.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vertigoomg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vertigoomg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:51 PM   #55
micah_sl2
micah_sl2 is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to micah_sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help micah_sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:37 AM   #56
sierrap615
Master Member

ow that hurt my eyes!!!

FYI in some areas having more then 4 lamps on is illegal (lows=2, highs=2, fog=2, total=6, be careful when you use them all together)

Formerly - Saturn of Downers Grove Parts Department
Current - Castle Chevy in Villa Park Parts Department

EPA 608 Certification
EPA 609 Certification

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread