SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Mods and Performance

Old 10-28-2001, 03:26 AM   #1
Tenchi Masaki
Tenchi Masaki is on a distinguished road

Cool L-Series Black Emblem Kit

Well, I finally just got mine installed today on my Silver 2001 L300. I asked for them when I got the car last December after I saw them on the Black Beauty edition and it finally arrived. Apparently, there is an extremely short supply of these. I think it was like 150 kits or something. They are from Saturn direct and are probably left over from scrapping the Black Beauty edition. They look great against silver. Next up, body kit. I already have the DVD/GPS system installed and Momo Racers wrapped in Pirelli's. Maybe I'll do some brush aluminum with the interior. We'll see. The car looks great though.
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2001, 12:31 PM   #2
siLverSurfer
siLverSurfer is on a distinguished road

Idea Brushed aluminum?????

I was curious about that myself. I am interested in doing some brushed aluminum or stainless on the interior. Have you found a supplier or were you going to custom make them yourself. I thought it would go great with the color and my Phoenix Gold Titanium series amps. BTW where were you thinking of putting the aluminum? I would like some, but I don't want to over do it.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2001, 12:46 PM   #3
Tenchi Masaki
Tenchi Masaki is on a distinguished road

Haha my car is going to look similar to yours exterior-wise soon enough. That is, silver with custom wheels (I have Momo Racers wrapped in Pirelli's) and the ground effects. For the brushed aluminum, my retailer had a shop they know do it custom made. Basically, for the center dash around the radio and a/c controls, they took the black plastic piece off an L100 (no woodgrain) and put brushed aluminum around that. A single piece was put along the center console where the shifter and window controls are. Also, along the side door compartments facing up (the little pocket on the doors), a piece was put there on each side. It looked great. I believe it was a bit pricey however. But if you got the cash, it'll make a great improvement on the interior.