SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 10-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default '92 header downpipe/flexpipe

When new (such as walker part# 44539), does it come with all the hanger hardware or just the portion that's directly welded to the pipe?

IIRC the stock down-pipe has a "tab" thats welded to the pipe (just ahead of the flex-joint), then the hanger is bolted to that tab with 2 bolts and the other end of it bolts to the engine/transmission brace.
Not sure how, right now, to hang it without that intermediary piece if the new down-pipe doesn't come with it. Don't think I've got any scrap metal that'd do the job laying around...

Either I misinterpreted the ad...or there's another box coming that isn't mentioned w/ the single USPS tracking number I got.
The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
johnny95sl2
johnny95sl2 will become famous soon enough

1997 SW2
1995 SC2
Default Re: '92 header downpipe/flexpipe

It only comes with the part welded to the pipe. The rest of the hanger is on your car and is reusable.
johnny95sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
PlasticCarsRock
Master Member
PlasticCarsRock is a jewel in the roughPlasticCarsRock is a jewel in the roughPlasticCarsRock is a jewel in the rough

1995 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
IIRC the stock down-pipe has a "tab" thats welded to the pipe (just ahead of the flex-joint), then the hanger is bolted to that tab with 2 bolts and the other end of it bolts to the engine/transmission brace.
Not sure how, right now, to hang it without that intermediary piece if the new down-pipe doesn't come with it. Don't think I've got any scrap metal that'd do the job laying around...
When I installed the header on my '95 automatic, I didn't get the hanger from the pick-n-pull so I made my own--it was quite simple. I don't recall exactly what I did, but I believe I just attached a small metal angle to the included bracket on the downpipe (such that it went up a bit, then turned and went horizontal), and drilled a hole in the horizontal part, lining up with one of the vertical bolts in the transmission case, and just stuck it on the bolt (as one would put a washer).
High compression build: .033" shaved/ported head, flat-faced valves; gen3 rods, pistons, tie-plate; OE header, custom CAI, SDA street cams with adjustable sprockets, WBO2, SAFCII, LSD. ASE A1-A8+L1
PlasticCarsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #4
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny95sl2 View Post
It only comes with the part welded to the pipe. The rest of the hanger is on your car and is reusable.
Not when your car came with the stupid California emission log manifold stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticCarsRock
When I installed the header on my '95 automatic, I didn't get the hanger from the pick-n-pull so I made my own--it was quite simple. I don't recall exactly what I did, but I believe I just attached a small metal angle to the included bracket on the downpipe (such that it went up a bit, then turned and went horizontal), and drilled a hole in the horizontal part, lining up with one of the vertical bolts in the transmission case, and just stuck it on the bolt (as one would put a washer).
That's an idea, will have to try it. Thanks.
The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote