SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
ChuckTheGreat
ChuckTheGreat is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
2001 SC2
Default Random Thoughts

Here are some random thoughts regarding what Saturn is now and what it will be:

1. I have heard that several stores are going to try to just “hang in there” and sell used cars. Now, to be fair, most Saturn stores are just used car stores with a Saturn sign. They are really just like Suzuki. But the problem is their overhead. The new car department has lost money like crazy for awhile. The service and parts departments have been propping up the stores. As Saturn “winds down”, the service and parts business will drop off pretty dramatically. And then retailers are left with a hefty rent on a great building and only the used car department to hold them up. I don’t see it happening easily.

2. Saturn resale values are toast! I know that my 2007 Outlook just lost $5K! Now I am glad I bought GAP insurance! My 1998 SL1 is still worth lots more than the $100 I paid for it so I am ok there.

3. With what GM did to Saturn, will I ever really want to buy another GM vehicle? Hard to say. I have owned over 20 vehicles and only one was not built by GM (a used Capri). I really like the G8….no wait, they quit building that too. I guess the only thing I would consider would be a Canyon or Colorado.

4. The “rank and file” folks still in stores seem to be falling into 2 categories: those who were just waiting for this to happen and those who believe that something will come along and save Saturn. The ones who are waiting to be saved had better get their resumes together! The dream is dead.

http://thesaturnblog.com

"If you are gonna lose, lose big, lose early and get the subs in."

www.buysubaruaccessories.com

www.buymazdaaccessories.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChuckTheGreat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChuckTheGreat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChuckTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
RedL300
RedL300 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: Random Thoughts

I can't imagine any Saturn staff that felt real confidence that the Penske deal would manifest itself as Job Stability..On some level,I'm sure they had to know.But where would they go?
Here in Northern Nevada,there are simply no jobs to be had.
As for the Colorado/Canyon..I have had mine (06 Z71 Extended) for 3 years and it's been great..I switch vehicles way to often,but I'm keeping this one.
The Automotive press just hates it though! They fall down in full seizure mode and spit blood at the mere thought of it!.I love to read the reviews.
Makes the Saturn press look like love letters.You can get slightly used cheap I'd imagine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedL300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedL300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedL300 is offline   Reply With Quote