SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
Lukexzx
Lukexzx is on a distinguished road

Default Lubrication of automatic seatbelts

Does anyone have the proper method to do this or what type of grease to use? Would lithium grease work?

Luke
94 Saturn SL2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lukexzx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lukexzx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2005, 06:11 PM   #2
Kevin94SL
Kevin94SL is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: Lubrication of automatic seatbelts

hehehe... power seatbelts... pull the fuse... that's what I ended up doing.

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin94SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin94SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
NavyCPO
NavyCPO is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2

Lithium Grease will work just fine. Once you apply it, cycle the belt in the track a few times.

Jim Hunter, Chief Petty Officer, USN, Retired
93 Saturn SL2 Automatic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NavyCPO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NavyCPO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-25-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
TIMSPEED
Advanced Member
TIMSPEED is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
1998 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin94SL
hehehe... power seatbelts... pull the fuse... that's what I ended up doing.
I aswell, but I'm considering making them functional again. Gotta be an easy way...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TIMSPEED's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TIMSPEED reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:04 PM   #5
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Not to rain on your parade, but if the motorized belts are already not functional, odds are just lubricating them won't be enough to get them working again. (But don't let that keep you from trying anyway...you might luck out)

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:30 AM   #6
Lukexzx
Lukexzx is on a distinguished road

Well in my case the seat belts are functional, they just run slow when its cold out. I hadn't been to the dealer in a while, and I noticed some of the visible portion of the track was worn away, looked almost copper underneath. So I took some lithium grease and a small nail and just applied it to the track. This seemed to help, but it hasn't been below zero yet.
I was wasn't sure if I needed to try and get inside the track, which I don't know how to do other and attempting to work it in the crack at one end and hope the cycleing of the belt will apply it internally.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lukexzx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lukexzx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-27-2005, 04:19 AM   #7
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

The "copper" you are seeing may very well be anti-seize compound put there as a track lube by some previous owner. That stuff WILL thicken when it gets cold. You may want to use a bunched up washcloth and a GLOVED HAND (the track edges can be SHARP) to wipe clean the tracks and then relube with white lithium grease. "Spray cable and chain lube" (Wal-Mart or any autoparts store) likewise will work very well and is easy to apply.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread