SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to all

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default New International Saturn Club Social Group

Hi everyone,

Charlie has created a new social group on this site where we can start to have our discussions about getting our club started. This will be a moderated group.

All of you who expressed an interest in starting and joining the international Saturn Club should go to this link:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/group.php?groupid=27

If I understand things correctly, you will then have to request to join the group somehow. Charlie has transferred ownership of this group to me, so I will get your requests.

Please join only if you are interested and committed to establishing an international Saturn Club to satisfy the common needs of individuals interested in the preservation, restoration, and operation of Saturns. (our club's) long range goal is to promote reproduction of parts and render technical assistance to increase your enjoyment of Saturns, and to further the general public's appreciation of the cars.

Let me know on this thread if you have any problems or questions with the group.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 191,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to all

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: New International Saturn Club Social Group

Bumping this back to page 1.

Saturns:
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:25 AM   #3
cityhawk
Master Member

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

I have a question for those of you whom I invited to join this group (I chose people based on those who directly said they wanted in on this club). Did any of you get any kind of notification that you had been invited to join? I have no idea what happens when I do that.

Also, people have expressed difficulty in joining. I'm hoping that this thread (or one similar) can be made into a "sticky" so that it's always at the top. I will post another in the tech forum per blackbeard's suggestion. Hopefully Charlie will create something about it on the home page, though probably many of us don't go there that often, but jump right to the forums. I invited people on the S-series facebook group with the link as well as the Saturn Owners Group FB group. One barrier may be that people have to join saturnfans.com in order to participate, but I needed some gateway anyway to keep the noise, spam and uncommitted from cluttering the discussion and for the time being, the club has to live somewhere online... where better than here on Saturnfans.com. Anyway, I'm looking into ways to make this more accessible and welcome suggestions.

Karl

Saturns:
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-28-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
trottida
Master Member
trottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to behold

Location: North of North of Toronto, Northern Ontario, Canada

1999 SL2
2001 SL1

Try sending an invite to yourself to test it out.

I clicked on the link within this post and registered. There is a bit of delay as registration has to be approved. Maybe this is what is perceived to the the problem. People assume they will automatically have access to the group.

2001 SL1 MT (417,500 km @ 05/2018)
1999 SL2 MT (260,870 km @ 05/2018)
2011 Suburban LT (111,176 km @ 05/2018)

Past Saturns
1993 SW2 AT
2001 LW200 MT
1992 SL2 MT

:canada:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #5
Modding_out
Modding_out is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
2002 SL2

I didn't get the message either

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Modding_out's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Modding_out reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Modding_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #6
macbox
macbox will become famous soon enough

1995 SC2
1997 SC2

I didn't see any notification in my email when I was approved. I just went back to the group and saw my name on the list.

#4, 1995 SC2m, 163K, 400 Miles per quart. Garage queen. Currently in 1000 pieces for a rebuild.
#5, 1998 SW2m, rebuilt at 126K, Totaled at 205K miles.
#7 1995 SC2, 121K, daily driver.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to macbox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help macbox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
macbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #7
sallydriver
sallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to all

1999 SL2
1993 SW2

Same as the others. No notifications.

Want this posted on the Google+ S-series community?

1998 Red SL 5spd "The Right Honorable Duke Farnsworth the Functional of Clearfield":165,000 miles
1999 Forest Green SL2 5spd "Sally": 307,100+ miles
1993 White SW2 5spd "Steve": 234,984 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sallydriver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sallydriver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sallydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #8
cityhawk
Master Member

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Bumping back to page one

Saturns:
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #9
cityhawk
Master Member

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Bumping for the new people.

Saturns:
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!