SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General

Old 03-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Sky Pilot
Sky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to all

2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2008 SKY Red Line
Thumbs Up Sky Available in Ontario

Oops, that's Ontario, California..

According to the dealer (Veronica @ 909-390-6839) none of the people on their current list wanted it. It's Graphite Silver with an MSRP of $25,270. They added another $2,500 to the price for something they call a "Safety System" and another $2,000 for new leather seats, for a total of $29,770

The good news is that they tell me that they are NOT adding "the greed factor" to any of their Skys. Just $4,500 in other things..
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Sky Available in Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Pilot
DAMMIT!!!!

Ahh, I can't afford one anyway
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
SaturnPlanet
SaturnPlanet is on a distinguished road

Quote:

According to the dealer (Veronica @ 909-390-6839) none of the people on their current list wanted it. It's Graphite Silver with an MSRP of $25,270. They added another $2,500 to the price for something they call a "Safety System" and another $2,000 for new leather seats, for a total of $29,770

The good news is that they tell me that they are NOT adding "the greed factor" to any of their Skys. Just $4,500 in other things..
lol!!!!!!! they already added it!!!!! look, in SoCal there is no way around paying over MSRP, unfortunately. call veronica and ask her what the cost is on the aftermarket motion alarm and leather seat covers. why add those things? because people will pay for it, and they are probably not making money on the regular high-ticket/low-gross new cars that Saturn makes.

(ever wonder why you don't see $4,500 worth of aftermarket alarms/leather on a Relay????)

and for the $2,995 at the stores in your area, you can order a car to your exact specs (and it comes with a motion alarm from what i'm told, included in the premium).

its the same thing, you just have to decide what you want to spend the money on. but since you are not going to buy a Sky anway, you can use the $29,000 for whatever you want. thats the beauty of it.

btw, how much gross did the RV dealership make off your purchase?

(i saw the picture, its really nice!!!)
SaturnPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #4
Way2Fast
Way2Fast is on a distinguished road

The Sky my local dealer just got in had the price listed as MSRP and then an additional $1500 for an Appearance Package....I should have inquired as to what that included but I was so blown away looking at the car, I forgot to ask and only remembered it when I was 1/2 way home.
Way2Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #5
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Fast
The Sky my local dealer just got in had the price listed as MSRP and then an additional $1500 for an Appearance Package....I should have inquired as to what that included but I was so blown away looking at the car, I forgot to ask and only remembered it when I was 1/2 way home.
It's the package that makes it look like a SKY and not a Solstice. That's my guess.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #6
SaturnPlanet
SaturnPlanet is on a distinguished road

its probably nothing more than a teflon coating on the paint or different leather seat covers. tell them you'll buy it for cost on the aftermarket items and see what they say
SaturnPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
1500cc
1500cc is on a distinguished road

Cheap add-ons is one way the dealers can pad their profit without blatant "market adjustments", and also by lowballing those trading in a car.
1500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
Sky Pilot
Sky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to all

2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2008 SKY Red Line
Cool Re: Sky Available in Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnPlanet
its probably nothing more than a "Teflon coating"
That's so the accusations of "greed" won't stick
Old 04-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
ShellJay
ShellJay is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

I am curious to know how many of you people who are complaining about the dealers "gouging" customers, would actually buy a Sky at sticker price anyway. I mean, that is a lot of complaining about a car I am going to guess about 60% of you(if you answer honestly) wouldn't be buying anyway. Sounds like you have nothing else to do but find the negative in everything. You all should get out more, see a movie ($12 per ticket(cost $6), $6 Popcorn(cost$2), and a soda $4 (cost .75). Then tell me where the "gouging" really happens.
ShellJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:04 AM   #10
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

Shelljay;
I notice that you are a Saturn Sales Mgr in Huntington Beach,Ca. I also note that there is no Saturn dealer in Huntington Beach included in Charlie's list of Saturn dealers who are not padding the MSRP.

Hopefully this is because there is no dealer located there,or am I wrong?

By the way,your movie theatre examples miss the point. A $12 ticket(regardless of cost of film) is not gouging.What is gouging is arriving at the box office to be told that if you want that advertised $12 ticket,it will cost you an extra $2.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #11
Sky Pilot

2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2008 SKY Red Line
Dizzy Re: Sky Available in Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHELLjay
I am curious to know how many of you people who are complaining about the dealers "gouging" customers, would actually buy a Sky at sticker price anyway.
Probably most of us. In fact, if you didn't pad them I would have ordered through your dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh
Shelljay;
I notice that you are a Saturn Sales Mgr in Huntington Beach,Ca. I also note that there is no Saturn dealer in Huntington Beach included in Charlie's list of Saturn dealers who are not padding the MSRP.
Oh yeah, he's padding alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh
By the way,your movie theatre examples miss the point. A $12 ticket(regardless of cost of film) is not gouging.What is gouging is arriving at the box office to be told that if you want that advertised $12 ticket,it will cost you an extra $2.
Great analogy!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #12
Sky Pilot

2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2008 SKY Red Line
Happy Re: Sky Available in Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnPlanet
btw, how much gross did the RV dealership make off your purchase? (i saw the picture, its really nice!!!)
Dunno, but I got around 32% off MSRP from MTRV in Fountain Valley, CA.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
ShellJay

2006 VUE 3.5L

Hugh, there are 3 dealers in Orange County, and 1 happens to be in Huntington Beach. We are selling the cars at MSRP, but with an added upgraded alarm system on each Sky.
As for SkyPilot, to be honest, I don't believe you when you say you would buy a Sky, my opinion.
I think what everyone needs to realize is you have to make a choice for yourself. You have to make the best decision for yourself, whatever that may be. But to spend so much time worrying about what everyone else is doing........crazy. Life is too short, get on with it!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #14
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

Shelljay;

.............and how much are you charging for the alarm ?
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #15
Sky Pilot

2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2008 SKY Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellJay
We are selling the cars at MSRP, but with an added upgraded alarm system on each Sky.
If you're not charging the $3k adder, then you need to instruct at least two of your people, Stacie and Michelle, to stop telling customers that you are.
Quote:
As for Sky Pilot, to be honest, I don't believe you when you say you would buy a Sky, my opinion.
The operative phrase in my message above was "I would have ordered". I did in fact order one this past Saturday. While it looks like I may have a bit of a wait, at least I have one coming.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #16
ShellJay

2006 VUE 3.5L

[QUOTE=Sky Pilot]If you're not charging the $3k adder, then you need to instruct at least two of your people, Stacie and Michelle, to stop telling customers that you are.

#1...don't need to tell MYSELF anything! Originally our owner had a $3000 "adder" on the Sky. He then later changed his mind and decided to add the alrm system to each car and price it at $2995. Feel Better????

#2..it is so NO CLASS of you to name people like that, these people work hard at their jobs, and are only doing what they have been instructed to do by upper management.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #17
Alwaysthatway
Alwaysthatway is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Re: Sky Available in Ontario

Quote:
I am curious to know how many of you people who are complaining about the dealers "gouging" customers, would actually buy a Sky at sticker price anyway. I mean, that is a lot of complaining about a car I am going to guess about 60% of you(if you answer honestly) wouldn't be buying anyway. Sounds like you have nothing else to do but find the negative in everything. You all should get out more, see a movie ($12 per ticket(cost $6), $6 Popcorn(cost$2), and a soda $4 (cost .75). Then tell me where the "gouging" really happens.
I am pretty serious about the Sky.

The only thing keeping me from ordering is that I want to see what Saturn is going to do with the Aura in terms of packaging and price. I also want to see the pricing for the Redline (though I have a pretty good idea where it is going to be).

As I plan on paying cash, I would not be interested at all in a dealer added alarm system. I'll take care of my property myself, thank you. I would never pay more than MSRP either.

To add what many have said here, especially for the Saturn loyal, having a dealer gouge is especially troubling. Opting for the no dicker sticker when I bought my SLs and L Series probably cost me more than had I bargained for a comparable (and arguably better looking and higher quality) product from, say, Dodge or Honda. But I bought into the better dealer experience.

Now that Saturn has a category leader, Saturn dealers are suddenly saying the no dicker sticker was never meant to be written in stone. What really irks me is dealers arguing about what the market will bear. So I guess my ignoring market pricing in favor of a better experience in the past makes me naive?
Alwaysthatway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #18
Way2Fast
Way2Fast is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=ShellJay]
Quote:
If you're not charging the $3k adder, then you need to instruct at least two of your people, Stacie and Michelle, to stop telling customers that you are.

#1...don't need to tell MYSELF anything! Originally our owner had a $3000 "adder" on the Sky. He then later changed his mind and decided to add the alrm system to each car and price it at $2995. Feel Better????

Talk about a rip off dealership that is dishonest to boot....Saying they sell at MSRP and then in the same breath say, BUT you have to take our $79 alarm priced at ONLY $2995 with your Sky !!!!

#2..it is so NO CLASS of you to name people like that, these people work hard at their jobs, and are only doing what they have been instructed to do by upper management.
Stealers like the one you work for should be "named" all over the internet. If you don't want to see your names in print get a job with an honest dealership that doesn't lie to their customers !! I'm sure you would LOVE to see your name mentioned if it had to do with positive remarks about an outstanding car dealership instead of a crook.
Way2Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #19
ShellJay

2006 VUE 3.5L

Stealers like the one you work for should be "named" all over the internet. If you don't want to see your names in print get a job with an honest dealership that doesn't lie to their customers !! I'm sure you would LOVE to see your name mentioned if it had to do with positive remarks about an outstanding car dealership instead of a crook.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say don't name the dealer, that is public knowledge. I do not believe it is "stealing" as you put it, when the guest is told honestly and upfront. It shows NO CLASS to name the employees here. They are just doing what they are instructed to do. You all are so honest in your lives???
Old 04-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #20
Sky Pilot

2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2008 SKY Red Line
Cool Re: Sky Available in Ontario

Quote:
..it is so NO CLASS of you to name people like that, these people work hard at their jobs, and are only doing what they have been instructed to do by upper management.
And as Hamilton Burger would say... "I rest my case your honour!"...