SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2019, 03:49 PM   #1
stbvue
stbvue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Camshaft position sensor

our 2005 Saturn Vue 3.5 V6 has check engine light on so i went to auto zone to have it read on computer and we got a code P0341 indicating its the camshaft position sensor. Does anyone know if this is located behind timing cover ? Any idea's on what i need to do to replace it?
I know theres many post on this but not much on my year Vue!

I dont mind things that go bump in the night as long as they arent in my VUE!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stbvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stbvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stbvue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Camshaft position sensor

Presuming Vue 3.5L V6 Honda engines are the same for Vues using this engine, this video for '09 should help; https://youtu.be/QlTISTb1KBM. Camshaft position sensor location is under and behind the power steering pump, about 3:55 into the video.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
stbvue

2005 VUE 3.5L

I saw this video. His is a 2009 its different, ours dont have the power steering pump. Im thinking its behind the rear timing belt cover!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help stbvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Try searching in AutoZone. Log in free then add your vehicle to find repair info. Search under engine performance and emissions control for drawings. Your camshaft sensor is shown above the cam cover and labeled as part #7.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 0996b43f802031be.gif (129.5 KB, 7 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #5
stbvue

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Try searching in AutoZone. Log in free then add your vehicle to find repair info. Search under engine performance and emissions control for drawings. Your camshaft sensor is shown above the cam cover and labeled as part #7.
Thanks, ill check it out!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-16-2019, 03:03 PM   #6
stbvue

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Turns out that the camshaft position sensor is located behind the left camshaft sprocket....Which means it is behind left timing belt cover!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-19-2019, 08:18 AM   #7
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Unless the part is cheap and easy to get to, throwing parts at a problem is just a roll of the dice. You need to diagnose the issue first.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:12 PM   #8
GTS350
GTS350 is a jewel in the roughGTS350 is a jewel in the roughGTS350 is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
Unless the part is cheap and easy to get to, throwing parts at a problem is just a roll of the dice. You need to diagnose the issue first.
It was diagnosed by the OBD and assuming the car is running properly and there are no other error codes or issues (gas milage,etc) the P0341 is pretty specific.
Since it's not unheard of for the sensitive OBD to receive a random code in error, and you want to confirm the code (and only if things appear to be running normal) you could reset the code and see if it returns before you move forward.

1999 Saturn SC2 (automatic) 23,000 orig miles (9/10/16)
1996 BMW E36
1971 Holden Monaro GTS 350
1908 Buick Model 10

Its official Saturn Night has removed all doubt.

Last edited by GTS350; 10-21-2019 at 05:24 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GTS350's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GTS350 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GTS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:47 PM   #9
stbvue

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS350 View Post
It was diagnosed by the OBD and assuming the car is running properly and there are no other error codes or issues (gas milage,etc) the P0341 is pretty specific.
Since it's not unheard of for the sensitive OBD to receive a random code in error, and you want to confirm the code (and only if things appear to be running normal) you could reset the code and see if it returns before you move forward.
It was camshaft sensor... It started rough a few times and had hesitant throttling..... Replaced and fixed!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!