SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2019, 11:46 PM   #1
dakota1820
Advanced Member
dakota1820 will become famous soon enough

2002 SC2
1995 SL2
Default Seats have little shoulder support

Has anyone noticed that the seats in the sl/sc2 have a weird seating position? Feel like my lower back is being pushed out and there is no support for my shoulders. Would the base model seats with no headrests be a viable swap or is there any seats I could pull out of a j/y car that would fit? Or maybe I’m crazy? 😂😂😂

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dakota1820's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dakota1820 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dakota1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2019, 01:52 AM   #2
focusofheart
focusofheart has a spectacular aura aboutfocusofheart has a spectacular aura aboutfocusofheart has a spectacular aura about

1998 SL2
Default Re: Seats have little shoulder support

My SL2 has a lumbar support that is controlled by a level on the right hand side of the driver's seat about elbow height. Fiddle around with the adjustment to find a good position.

read post #2
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174899

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:15 AM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Look for a knob on the lower front of the seat, left side. All depends on year and model. The SC-2 00-02 have the best seats.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #4
dakota1820
Advanced Member

2002 SC2
1995 SL2

The lower knob is there but doesn’t seem to work it turns but nothing happens.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dakota1820 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #5
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

It raises or lowers the back of the seat cushion. Take up the seat and figure out why it is not working.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:33 PM   #6
trottida
Master Member
trottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to behold

Location: North of North of Toronto, Northern Ontario, Canada

1999 SL2
2001 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
It raises or lowers the back of the seat cushion. Take up the seat and figure out why it is not working.
On the GEN3 one knob on the front left of the seat bottom operates the lumbar support (mid back cushion adjustment) and the other knob on the left side of the seat raises and lowers the seat bottom. On the GEN2 the lumbar is on the right of the seat back by your elbow. We're not sure if you are referring to your 95 or your 2002.

I believe it is the lumber support that needs adjusting based on the OPs description of the discomfort.

2001 SL1 MT (433,500 km @ 06/2019)
1999 SL2 MT (277,300 km @ 06/2019)
2011 Suburban LT (128,250 km @ 06/2019)

Past Saturns
1993 SW2 AT (10y)
2001 LW200 MT (3.5y)
1992 SL2 MT (5y)

:canada:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #7
dakota1820
Advanced Member

2002 SC2
1995 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trottida View Post
On the GEN3 one knob on the front left of the seat bottom operates the lumbar support (mid back cushion adjustment) and the other knob on the left side of the seat raises and lowers the seat bottom. On the GEN2 the lumbar is on the right of the seat back by your elbow. We're not sure if you are referring to your 95 or your 2002.

I believe it is the lumber support that needs adjusting based on the OPs description of the discomfort.
I only have the 02 I tried to Delete the 95 and it wouldn’t let me for some reason. Sorry that I wasn’t more clear but I am talking about the 02 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!