SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #1
carvinbassplyr
carvinbassplyr is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
Default HELP!!! Trailing Arm Bracket Bolt Top Access Point Needed

Trying to remove the trailing arm front bracket bolts and one of the tack welded nuts that the bolt threads into broke free from the car. So, now the bolt just spins freely and won't come the rest of the way out. Has anyone ever had to fix this and do you know of any access points? Obviously now the car isn't exactly driveable even if I put the rest back together as the bracket will be loose. Feeling really screwed...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to carvinbassplyr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help carvinbassplyr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
carvinbassplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: HELP!!! Trailing Arm Bracket Bolt Top Access Point Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinbassplyr View Post
Trying to remove the trailing arm front bracket bolts and one of the tack welded nuts that the bolt threads into broke free from the car. So, now the bolt just spins freely and won't come the rest of the way out. Has anyone ever had to fix this and do you know of any access points? Obviously now the car isn't exactly driveable even if I put the rest back together as the bracket will be loose. Feeling really screwed...
Not 100% certain my diagram applies - if it does it appears there's room to cut a slot for open-end wrench.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trailing Arm - edit for wrench.jpg (117.6 KB, 28 views)

I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
carvinbassplyr

2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
Not 100% certain my diagram applies - if it does it appears there's room to cut a slot for open-end wrench.
THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! Exploring that option now!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help carvinbassplyr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-09-2016, 03:46 PM   #4
carvinbassplyr

2005 VUE Red Line

Turns out it's a square nut in a box bracket design. Still having a hard time getting to whatever is slipping because of the box caged around the nut, keeping at it though. GM obviously expected people to just junk the car if this part went bad, this seems designed to never be serviced. Hopefully i can get it fixed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-29-2019, 05:22 AM   #5
hoffnm
hoffnm is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I had the same issue where the bolt turned but the nut was spinning on the back side. far2grumpy's image is what I went with...I cut a hole (to fit a plug I had), bottom of the hole was 1-1/4" from bottom (marking on bolt for nut engagement). See pics. I was able to get inside with a slip joint pliers and hold the nut after spraying with penetrating oil. First I tightened it back up holding it, then sprayed again, then loosened and it came right off. Their is a cage tacked welded in 3 places, this is supposed to hold the nut plate from turning. Mine was already broke free, if yours is spinning inside the cage, a punch/hammer should knock it loose so you can hold the nut plate. The nut plate is rectangle and measures 15/16" on one side and 1-3/8" on the other side. Bigger the hole the better the access.

IMG_7975.jpg
IMG_7978.jpg
IMG_7979.jpg
IMG_7980.jpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hoffnm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hoffnm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hoffnm is offline   Reply With Quote