SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
StrnWolf
StrnWolf is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
1994 SL1
Default The Truth About Fuel Filter and MPG?

So after a good compression test I am wondering if I should bother replacing fuel filter. I may be wrong bit it appears someone has replaced the hose between filter and fuel rail, I assume that it has a lock fuel fitting at the fuel rail? But this one has just a regular hose pushed onto it and no hose clamp.

I want to finally get a definitive answer on a question about fuel filters. I have heard that you can get better MPG and SMOG results with a new filter, but for a 95 SL2 is that true? The way I picture it a used up fuel filter will deliver less fuel to the engine but I have heard that it actually forces more fuel into engine. Can anyone give me the actual answer on that?

07/2018-PRESENT 1995 SL2
12/2009-PRESENT (Soon to die) 1994 SL1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to StrnWolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help StrnWolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
StrnWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: The Truth About Fuel Filter and MPG?

Clogged up filters will reduce the flow, never increase flow of any fluid.
Think about it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is online now   Reply With Quote