SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
97SaturnSC1
97SaturnSC1 is on a distinguished road

Default An Idea for my Saturn

Ok I have a 97 Saturn SC1. I wanna put a spoon engine in it but Im not 100% sure if it will fit. Does anybody know if it will

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 97SaturnSC1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 97SaturnSC1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
97SaturnSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #2
THX712517
Master Member
THX712517 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: An Idea for my Saturn

Spoon does not make engines for your car. However, if you would use the Search button, look for "Deebs Rebuild". You can mix and match stock engine components from different years and reach 150 horsepower on a twincam motor.

2003 Saturn Ion
2001 Mazda Miata
1997 Saturn SC1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to THX712517's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help THX712517 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
THX712517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Quite a few engines will fit in the engine bay. Probably a few V6's will fit too. I believe just about any I4 will "fit."

Have fun fabricating the engine mounts, axels and various other required parts (not to mention...electronics) to make it actually run and do something while its sitting there though.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #4
THX712517
Master Member

With a '97 SC1, you have a very light platform to build off of. However, the SOHC motor isn't the most powerful in the world and is lacking in a strong amount of support from the aftermarket. I'll include a few websites below that will help. If you're truly lusting after a very large and expensive project and want to make that Spoon engine work, you'll need to swap both the engine and transmission as Honda motors of that vintage spin in the opposite direction.

www.streetdesignauto.com
www.ptuning.com
www.spswebpage.com
www.saturnmotorsports.com

2003 Saturn Ion
2001 Mazda Miata
1997 Saturn SC1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help THX712517 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #5
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97SaturnSC1 View Post
Ok I have a 97 Saturn SC1. I wanna put a spoon engine in it but Im not 100% sure if it will fit. Does anybody know if it will

Sure it will. And theres enough room in the trunk for two bottles of NOS. THE BIG ONES!!!

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
THX712517
Master Member

Now now, no need to make fun of him. You have a chance to show this fellow the knowledge you have when it comes to modifying Saturns, I would take that chance and show him all the thought and money that's required to modify a car rather than just make fun of him. We all ask questions.

2003 Saturn Ion
2001 Mazda Miata
1997 Saturn SC1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #7
maddoughboy
maddoughboy is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2

Well anything will fit with the right amount of mods and fource. The real question is do you have what it takes and is it really worth it?

God, Kids, and Cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to maddoughboy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help maddoughboy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
maddoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:17 AM   #8
quiksc2
Master Member
quiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Ya. Many threads about different engines shoved in there. All come to the same conclusion. Probably can be done, but takes a lot of money and work.

If I wanted ride quality, I would drive a Cadillac. If I wanted to be a sheep, I would drive something that says Vtec on the side of it...
DCS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to quiksc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help quiksc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
quiksc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:27 AM   #9
xupthree60
Master Member
xupthree60 is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
first thing u do it get a gun, hand it to me, and dont stop me from killing myself

3x CFR SCCA autocross champion with a 95 SL2 & 98 SC2

Currently own a 02 L200 with no plans to mod.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xupthree60's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xupthree60 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xupthree60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:51 AM   #10
xupthree60
Master Member
xupthree60 is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

someone kinda suggested this before but i think we really should make a sticky thats titled "non-saturn or ecotec engine swaps, read here before u post"

and just put all of our colective knowledge on the subject witout sounding mean towards anyone who reads it and then say at the end "ok now that u know how much time and money it takes, if u still wanna do it then buy the engine before u post a thread on this site about an engine swap"

cuz really it would be different if somone posted pics of where they are trying to swap in an engine and need some help with somehting... im just tired of all these kids asking about it, literaly everyday its becoming theres a new engine swap thread

3x CFR SCCA autocross champion with a 95 SL2 & 98 SC2

Currently own a 02 L200 with no plans to mod.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xupthree60's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xupthree60 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xupthree60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:54 AM   #11
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

I've noticed something about these "random other car engine swap" threads. Most are from people like me with a SC1.

How come I"m one of the few that has a more realistic engine swap idea? I've got all the exterior "mods" (door handle and wing, came stock with 15's) done, now I just need the DOHC and everything except the VIN will scream SC2.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #12
S3aturnR
Master Member
S3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
1999 SL1

Quote:

it will fit, but it won't connect to ANYTHING properly. if you want a spoon engine, start with a civic shell...

s3aturnr

"reno is a lot like maybury, except everyone's on crystal meth and prostitution's legal" - junior

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to S3aturnR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help S3aturnR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
S3aturnR is offline   Reply With Quote