SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2005, 09:27 PM   #1
JADEDSL2
JADEDSL2 will become famous soon enough

Location: Sullivan, Missouri, USA, North America, Northern West Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Left Galactic Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galactic Cluster, Universe

1993 SL2
1991 SL2
Sad Disaster strikes!!!!

Ok, I put my brand new Falken Ziex ZE 512's on the SL2 last weekend, and things were looking up. Headed up to Saturn of West County on Monday to pick up my timing chain kit, in plans for revising the engine internals at 115,000 miles. Well, I never made it there. I was 20 miles from my destination, and the next thing I know, I'm being tackled, and loaded into an ambulance by paramedics, cops, and firefighters. Apparently, after a week of research and tests, my doctors have determined that I have an AVM (ArterioVenularMalformation). It's a birth defect that caused one of my arteries in my brain to dump blood straight into the following vein, with no capillaries in between to slow the speeding blood. So after 20 and a half years, the vein gave out while I was driving, and caused me to have a siezure. I cut through two lanes of oncoming traffic, and plummeted down a ravine at 70+ miles an hour. Apparently, the car struck a boulder with enough force to snap the engine block completely in half, thereby totaling the SL2, which is now dead, completely. I spent a week in the hospital, and just got released last night. I am not allowed to drive for at least 6 months until the doctors are able to correct or stabilize my condition. I know someday, when I can drive again, I will buy a 2002 Saturn SC2 3-door coupe and carry on the legacy. If anyone has missed me, I'm back, and I'll be here, granted with no car for a while, but I hope to be back in the family again soon. Thanks for all the help you've all been over the past few months. Lord knows my new Saturn will need some TLC too. One good thing came of this though. These little cars really are as safe as we think they are. I had 2 passengers with me, and all 3 of us walked away totally unharmed. The only sustained injury was my seizure, a sprained ankle, and a jammed thumb. The SL2 absorbed all the damage from the impact and kept us all safe. It may sound tacky, but my Saturn saved my life. It was a great car, and I look forward to owning another one as soon as I am able.

"1G8ZJ5472MZ134321"-my Jaded, I will never forget.
"1G8ZF5594PZ249184"-Trinity, for three are now one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JADEDSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JADEDSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JADEDSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
getz999
getz999 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL1
2001 SC2
Default Re: Disaster strikes!!!!

HOLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY S@#$#$#%

You are one lucky SOB! Im glad you only sustained minor injuries from the crash. As for the illness, I hope it doesnt become a "hassle" and intefere with your everyday life. Let us know how you are doing from time to time so none of us begin to worry.

Again, very lucky....cars can be replaced, you sir...cannot.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to getz999's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help getz999 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
getz999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:33 PM   #3
dp97sc2
dp97sc2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

good to hear you made it...I guess modern medicine works well after all!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dp97sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dp97sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dp97sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
dansl2
Advanced Member
dansl2 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

Man!!! GLAD to hear you are ok. Sorry about the car, but also happy that she kept you & the others safe-that is really a stroke of luck (no pun intended-really). Hope the doc's can do something for you in the near future.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dansl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dansl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dansl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #5
Dimundave911
Dimundave911 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
1998 SC1

Man, thats crazy. Glad to hear everyone made it ok. Anyone get any pictures of what was left of your car when it was all said and done?

Dave

2002 SC2

"Did you ever Dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dimundave911's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dimundave911 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dimundave911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #6
nocolourblue
nocolourblue is on a distinguished road

1996 SC1
1996 SL2

very glad to hear that you and your passengers were unharmed. that is some scary stuff, my friend. good luck with the recovery. my saturn saved me from a pretty ugly t-bone incident nearly three years ago. so, yeah, i feel pretty safe in one. take care!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nocolourblue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nocolourblue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nocolourblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:39 AM   #7
Rogn38
Rogn38 is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2

Glad to hear that you're doing ok, thats some scarry S**T....you know, you really had 3 friends with you, just one didn't make it...but that was what his job was meant to do...protect you in a crash.
God Bless Satty's....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rogn38's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rogn38 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rogn38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #8
dfrabidyoshi
dfrabidyoshi is on a distinguished road

2002 SL

Holy crap!!! Good to hear that you're ok!!!

On the bright side, It'll make for one hell of a story.

"Yeah so I was driving one day and my brain just <i>exploded</i>, then my car flew off a cliff and smashed into a huge boulder. Just jammed my thumb though, I guess I'm just that much of a hardcore badass..."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dfrabidyoshi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dfrabidyoshi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dfrabidyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:15 PM   #9
JADEDSL2
JADEDSL2 will become famous soon enough

Location: Sullivan, Missouri, USA, North America, Northern West Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Left Galactic Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galactic Cluster, Universe

1993 SL2
1991 SL2

Hey all, me again. No pics, my dad forgot to bring his camera when he went to the impound where it was towed, but he told me that he got to look at it when he was retrieving my personal effects. Apparently the "boulder" I hit, went "over" the car. Just enough to scrape 3" off the top of the car from the headlights straight back to the windshield. Glass never broke, but it shaved off the hood, fender tops, valve cover, CAI, and broke the block in two. What a mess. I never got to see her. Wish I could, to thank the car for saving all of us, but it's not to be. All i have now is my one broken key that I kept as a collectible. Still doing ok, and I will probably be in surgery by mid Nov. or early Dec. I'll try to keep you all posted.

"1G8ZJ5472MZ134321"-my Jaded, I will never forget.
"1G8ZF5594PZ249184"-Trinity, for three are now one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JADEDSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JADEDSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JADEDSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #10
KBS_Caveman
KBS_Caveman is on a distinguished road

1997 SC1

Wow, my friends suffers from something similar. Just be glad your alive. Functioning too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KBS_Caveman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KBS_Caveman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KBS_Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:36 PM   #11
cazzylee
Advanced Member
cazzylee is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
2005 VUE 3.5L

Holy **** babes..... Call me tonight and I'll call you back or something, I'll re-pm you my cell #

Madness takes it's toll: Please have exact change.
SES light + unplugged sensor = testicle ownage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cazzylee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cazzylee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cazzylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #12
Reality21
Reality21 is on a distinguished road

Man, glad to hear you're ok! That is quite a story for the grandkids!!! lol That's why i love my saturn.. it's safe and reliable!! like owning a hero!! Good luck man with your recovery.. keep us posted!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Reality21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Reality21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Reality21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #13
justin_zink
justin_zink is on a distinguished road

1995 SL

20 years, and it choses to happen when you are crusin down the road. Wow glad to hear you made it. Hope it all gets straitend around and you can cruse in a saturn again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to justin_zink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help justin_zink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
justin_zink is offline   Reply With Quote