SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
DarthFaderZ
DarthFaderZ is on a distinguished road

Default keyless remote issues

I'm getting conflicting answers via searched topics.

My aura remotes will unlock easily..but the lock with only respond like 1 in 30 pushes.. And I have to jam it down to do so.

I recently put in new batteries...but haven't tried the double hold down for 7 seconds...

Any ideas on increasing contact / communication between the unit and the car?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DarthFaderZ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DarthFaderZ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DarthFaderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #2
leftoverture
leftoverture is on a distinguished road

Default Re: keyless remote issues

My daughter's remotes are having the same issues. I will be looking into getting new remotes and will post any info I find.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leftoverture's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leftoverture reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
leftoverture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
DarthFaderZ

Thanks.

I tried reset..did nothing.

I'd like to find something I could put between the rubber and the contact..feel like it just isn't reaching anymore which is why it works when I press super hard

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help DarthFaderZ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #4
DarthFaderZ

Youtube.com/watch?v=Ze6vUYCBOYo

Is a video I found...will try this and post results

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #5
Tsar Chasm
Tsar Chasm is on a distinguished road

I bought replacement fobs on Amazon that have worked well. Call a couple GM dealers and check on pricing to program. I was able to get mine done free.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tsar Chasm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tsar Chasm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tsar Chasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
DarthFaderZ

Oh holy ****.

If you can watch that video... It works like a dream

Takes 10-20 mins and about 20$ in stuff

My keyless has never been this responsive before

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-14-2014, 01:11 AM   #7
BaristAura
BaristAura is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
2008 AURA XE

For a more permanent fix try www.keylessfix.com. You can get two pads for $19 and comes with a lifetime guarantee. I've used this to bring two fobs back to life. Took them about 7 days to get to Texas from Canada so pretty quick shipping!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BaristAura's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BaristAura reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BaristAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #8
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

I just had my AURA at the dealer last week for the same problem.

For a couple of months, my FOB seemed to have a decreased response / effectiveness. It seemed the range to lock and unlock as well as remote start decreased and I had to press the buttons pretty hard for it to respond.

The dealer provided me with a new reprogrammed FOB but I'm still encountering the same problem. In particular, I remove the key from the ignition and press the lock button on the FOB while I'm still sitting behind the wheel, the "chime" sounds and the "lock" / alarm icon flashes on the instrument panel, grab my briefcase, get out and shut the door. The door locks via delayed lock within a few seconds and arms the alarm.

I've gotten into the habit of locking my AURA this way as I found don't have to fumble with two hands after I get out of the car (briefcase in one hand, FOB in the other) and put the FOB in either my shirt or coat pocket while I'm still in the car. However, even when sitting in my AURA, I have to press the button harder than usual and / or multiple times for the AURA to sound the chime indicating delayed locking initiated.

I'm wondering whether this is the "receiver" on the AURA itself rather than the "transmitter" (FOB). I seem to recall, however, that my two other FOBs seemed to be more responsive when I tried them a couple of months ago. I'm going to check it out today and will probably go back to my dealer this week to have this assessed.

From what I recall reading over the years, this is a fairly common issue, in particular with this particular type of FOB.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

Last edited by gpartrid; 07-14-2014 at 06:14 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #9
leftoverture
leftoverture is on a distinguished road

I found that you can order just the button pad and that should fix the issue. The part is $9.95. Here is the website address: carandtruckremotes.com/gmtruckpad5b.html

I ordered a new battery, too, since I am going to have the thing apart. Shipping is free, total order is $14.95. They also have a whole new remote for $59.95 but you have to pay the dealer to program it, which I'm sure you would be charged over $100 for.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leftoverture's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leftoverture reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
leftoverture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #10
DarthFaderZ

Going to run into the same issues with new rubber pieces...

The fix is simple and can be easily touched up if need be.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #11
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaristAura View Post
For a more permanent fix try www.keylessfix.com. You can get two pads for $19 and comes with a lifetime guarantee. I've used this to bring two fobs back to life. Took them about 7 days to get to Texas from Canada so pretty quick shipping!
i've found the keylessfix inserts are the best long term solution for gm's designed-to-fail fobs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #12
kiran
kiran is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

I had the same issue, in my case it was the metal clip that holds the battery in place, the solder contact broke causing it to work 1/20 pushes. The dealer resoldered it and I haven't had a problem since.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kiran's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kiran reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #13
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpartrid View Post

I'm wondering whether this is the "receiver" on the AURA itself rather than the "transmitter" (FOB).
the issue is always with the transmitter. i am doubtful replacement oem fobs will be any better than the originals with bad battery clip solder joints & conductive material that loses its conductivity as a function of time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #14
Project84
Advanced Member
Project84 will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XR

Anyone with extra fobs wanting to send me their old/used/inoperable key fobs please PM me and I will gladly pay for shipping.

If you send me 2 and you pay the shipping, I'll fix one and send it back to you!

John
'09 Saturn Aura XR 2.4L
Previous - '01 SL1 daily driver and '96 SL2 auto 40+mpg hypermiler.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Project84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Project84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote