SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Support Forum for Canadian Saturn Owners
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
revans
revans is on a distinguished road

Wrench SES light WONT come on.

I have a 97' saturn sl series manual. I'm 5 days past inspection an have a bad sticker. they failed me due to my service engine soon light not coming on during fire up(ya know you turn ur key an all the dummy lights come on) every light comes on during that time then goes out but the service engine soon light never shows at all. now my service light with the wrench is on an that goes out froim time to time but its more then likely on all the time. I had it in a shop an the worker there said he thinks its a computer glitch an that he could get the light to come on just to get through inspection...well what he did worked but he said it would only work that one time. but my question is is this really a computer problem cause ive called a junk yard an there ready to order me a computer for $75. i dont wanna spend that money if it isnt the problem...or is there a single light for the SES area. all my fuses are good an wiring looks fine to me....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMONE HELP ME!!!!

Ryan E

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to revans's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help revans reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
revans is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: SES light WONT come on.

Good chance that the bulb is bad. A PCM problem would not stop the SES light from coming on during the bulb check.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #3
FenderGuitars77
FenderGuitars77 is on a distinguished road

1996 SC1
1992 SL1
Default Re: SES light WONT come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
Good chance that the bulb is bad. A PCM problem would not stop the SES light from coming on during the bulb check.
This. PCM failure is very rare and I feel like you are overlooking the obvious. Swap it with one of the other idiot lights and see if it lights up.

FENDERGUITARS777
2006 ION Redline
1996 SC1
1992 SL1

WANT TO SAVE 5% OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM REDLINE GOODS?
http://www.redlinegoods.com/cgi-bin/uam/x.cgi?a=r&id=1&aid=664&p=2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FenderGuitars77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FenderGuitars77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FenderGuitars77 is offline   Reply With Quote