SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
sbguy06
sbguy06 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default Coolant temp sensor connector?

Does anyone know where i can find/buy an ECTS connector? I haven't had any trouble finding the sensor but I can not find the connector anywhere, mine is corroded and cracked.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sbguy06's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sbguy06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sbguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
ehunter
ehunter has a spectacular aura aboutehunter has a spectacular aura about

Location: Pacifica by San Francisco 5sp Engine rebuild with the help of people here at 177K due to 500mi/qt oil consumption. After 2yrs I am back to 40mpg+ after discovering the refirb head I used was bad. Car runs better than a top. Now at 214k.

1996 SL2
Default Re: Coolant temp sensor connector?

Send a private mail to LowSaturn and ask if he has any to spare. I understand he had a whole coffee can full of them.

Or you can go to the junk yard yourself and get one for a buck.

Else, see this link as Rock auto sells them : http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...52&postcount=6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ehunter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ehunter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #3
DIYguy
Master Member
DIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2
Wrench Re: Coolant temp sensor connector?

I bought one from the dealer a few years back and it was $35 from them. Then I saw a posting on the forum talking about the computer connectors.

A two pin rectangular 0.1" spacing connector such as found on an old computer case for the front panel LEDs works well and it is really no more trouble than splicing in a new one such as from RockAuto.

They work just fine as long as you put something on them to repel water. Spark plug boot or "light bulb socket" dielectric grease works perfectly. Fill the connector pocket of the sensor with it and push in the connector. Then put a fillet of grease around the connector where it meets the sensor and also where the wires go into it and you're good to go. You should put some dielectric grease on a "factory" one too (even though they are sealed), for the very same reason.

Lots of people on the forum have done that.

DIYguy

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

97SC2 Saturn (gone but never forgotten), Gen6 Camaro, Cruze Eco, Chevy SS P/U, Honda VT1100C, Honda CBX

Last edited by DIYguy; 11-14-2011 at 02:00 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DIYguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DIYguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DIYguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
DonP
Master Member
DonP will become famous soon enoughDonP will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2

I understand that some folks have used the conenctor from their inlet air temp sensor, then they improvise with the PC conenctor at that, easier to reach, loction.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DonP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DonP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

Junkyard IAT sensor connector FTW.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
sbguy06
sbguy06 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Thank you all for the suggestions, i think i'm going to stop by the junkyard tomorrow and see what they have.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sbguy06's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sbguy06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sbguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
thejushinator
thejushinator is on a distinguished road

I purchased one from low saturn for $8 shipped and it arrived at my house 3 days later and worked perfect.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thejushinator's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thejushinator reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thejushinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
jhonky
jhonky is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

Quote:
Junkyard IAT sensor connector FTW
did that today. cost 2 bucks to enter lkq in durham...didn't charge me for the connector

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"
I burn about a quart about every 1500 miles.

If it ain't broke, fix it some more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jhonky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jhonky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #9
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

The TTS in autotragics is the same part as the IATS and ECTS, so if you find an autotragic in the junkyard you can get 2 connectors from one car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote