SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
rosemont
rosemont is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default How Long Did your Stock Tires Last?

I came in for an oil change, when my favorite service manager commented my tires were in really bad shape. He then explained to me that the AWD made tires go much faster then normal. "But my car is an FWD", I said. He told me it was not the car, but the tires, that the tires were AWD, and easy to wear down. We went back and forth a few rounds before I was totally confused.

How many miles did you change your stock tires?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rosemont's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rosemont reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rosemont is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
gmsuv
gmsuv will become famous soon enough

2008 VUE 3.6L

That service guy gets a salary and commision on all the sales that he can generate from smucks who don't how to tie their own shoes. Tires wear down according to how you drive. Do the penny test. If you stick the penny in the groove of the tire tread and you can see all of Honest Abes head it time to plunk some money down for some new radials.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmsuv's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmsuv reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmsuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
emsvitil
Advanced Member
emsvitil has a spectacular aura aboutemsvitil has a spectacular aura aboutemsvitil has a spectacular aura about

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: How Long Did your Stock Tires Last?

My FWD front tires wear out reallly really fast.............

Ed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emsvitil's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emsvitil reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emsvitil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

my friend just replaced the tires on her 2008 vue xr awd. they wernt all the way worn down but getting pretty thin. 68k miles...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Midnight13
Midnight13 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
2005 VUE 3.5L

Hubby just picked up a 08 silverado 4x4, 27K on it, the tires have 7 32nds tread left...not enough tread left for my liking when he put the subaru AWD in a ditch last winter with tires with the same tread depth. We're looking for some used tires with better tread than we have.

"Not for human consumption!" - Peas in the Pod

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Peas-in-a-Pod/160649663950771

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Midnight13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Midnight13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Midnight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Between the two Vues that I have owned, I have gotten an average of around 45K on a set of tires before they either won't pass state inspection or become a potential danger. That includes Bridgestones, Michelins and Kumhos.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
neilpilot
neilpilot is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight13 View Post
We're looking for some used tires with better tread than we have.
I heard there's a set of good used tires about to come off of Rosemont's VUE

Should get 35k-50k from almost any decent tire in normal service. EMSVITIL - to resolve your fast front end wear - maybe you should consider rotation at 5k-8k? Assumng your struts are OK and you have even wear (e.g. proper alignment & no front end defect).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to neilpilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help neilpilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
neilpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

I put just over 43K miles (69,000 Kilometers) on my Bridgestone duellors before changing them. I have an 08 XR AWD. I have to admit however that I am rather anal when it comes to tire pressure in that I check the pressure at a minimum of once a month. In my estimation keeping the tire pressures up considerably extends the life of a tire. Actually I could have gone a little farther on the OEMs but I got a rather large nail through the side wall of one tire and it couldn't be repaired and it is not a good idea to have "different wear" tires on an AWD (or at least this is what I have been told).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

I got 48K on my 08 Vue (3.6 FWD). I admit, I did stretch it a little and went a little further than I normally do. But, I wanted to get new tires before we got into monsoon season. My wife's care has 38K and we will be looking at replacing her tires if dry rot doesn't get them first. (Issue here in AZ). On my 03 Vue I got to around 45K before having to replace the OEM Duellers.

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange - RIP 6T70

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
ChiliPepper
ChiliPepper is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemont View Post
He told me it was not the car, but the tires, that the tires were AWD, and easy to wear down.
that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChiliPepper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChiliPepper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:27 AM   #11
Trilo_g
Trilo_g is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

I think it may be time to consider taking your car to a different service provider.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Trilo_g's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Trilo_g reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Trilo_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
John
John is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
Arrow Re: How Long Did your Stock Tires Last?

We just replaced our original Duelers at 47,500 ('08 VUE XR AWD). They weren't "terrible" (beyond the fact I don't really care for Duelers in the first place) but they were certainly ready to go, especially given that winter is here.

We replaced the stock Duelers with Goodyear Fortera TripleTreds.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
oc-patrick
oc-patrick is on a distinguished road

got about 37,000 miles so far on the original tires of our 2007 Vue FWD - will need new ones in a month or so - no problems with the original tires (Bridgestone).

2017 CHRYSLER PACIFICA CRYSTAL GRANITE
2015 HONDA CR-V MOUNTAIN AIR
2006 DAYTONA CHARGER TOP BANANA

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oc-patrick's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oc-patrick reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oc-patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
peatsea
peatsea is on a distinguished road

I got 60k on the Duelers, But I am a fanatic about tire pressure...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to peatsea's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help peatsea reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
peatsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #15
ChiliPepper
ChiliPepper is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L

our '09 XR came factory with Firestone Destination LE's. I used to have a set of them on a truck I used to own and personally I think they are a fantastic tire.... for trucks. For the Vue however, I think they were a little rough riding. I just bought new tires a couple of days ago. The Destinations had 47k on them and were getting thin but probably could have lasted at least another 10k.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChiliPepper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChiliPepper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #16
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

I got 52K on the original Duelers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
CalifSilver
CalifSilver is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I replaced my stock tires at about 33,000 Hoping that the new tires last a little longer. FWIW though, they were over 3 years old. Driving less than 10,000/year.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CalifSilver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CalifSilver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CalifSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #18
olds362
olds362 is on a distinguished road

Wow, that is really short life, were they rotated regularly? Most seem to last 45-50k.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to olds362's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help olds362 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
olds362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #19
sonie_me
sonie_me is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifSilver View Post
I replaced my stock tires at about 33,000 Hoping that the new tires last a little longer. FWIW though, they were over 3 years old. Driving less than 10,000/year.
I'm almost exactly the same. The dealer has just recommended replacement at 35k. They are nearly 4 years old and were also driven less than 10k per year. My 08 XE came with the Firestone destination LE's. I did have them rotated at every oil change (approx 5k).

Hoping to get out of the replacement set.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sonie_me's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sonie_me reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sonie_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
revues
revues is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

My 2008 XR with 64,000 on it have the original Duelers yet...but they need to go within the month. Had the Destinations on my Ford Escape, they are a litlle rougher ride, but it could be the vehicle. (AWD vs.FWD)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to revues's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help revues reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
revues is offline   Reply With Quote