SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
ChiliPepper
ChiliPepper is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L
Default what tires are you running?

It's almost time for new tires on our '09 XR. I've been looking all over the net at different tires and reading all the reviews, and having a hard time choosing. Our Vue came factory with Firestone Destination LE's (235/60/17). I think they are a great tire and used to have a set of them on a truck I used to own, but for the Vue I think they are a little too harsh and would like a little softer ride. I hope to get responses from anyone with an '08 - '10 Vue, and would very much appreciate a detailed review of what you are running on yours, and how you like or dislike them. Thanks to all!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChiliPepper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChiliPepper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
ChiliPepper
ChiliPepper is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: what tires are you running?

wow.... at this time, nearly 400 views and no replies. Either the forum is dead or everyone is asleep

After looking all over the net at almost every tire ever made and reading their reviews, I made my choice and bought my new tires a couple of days ago. I decided on the Firestone FR710. I wanted a tire that offered a little more car-like ride, but also a tire that was used for small SUV's a light trucks. Haven't had them long enough to offer any real review on them, but so far I love them. Excellent ride and handling, and they look great. Plus, they are American made

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChiliPepper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChiliPepper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
08OnyxXR
08OnyxXR is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Re: what tires are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepper View Post
wow.... at this time, nearly 400 views and no replies. Either the forum is dead or everyone is asleep

After looking all over the net at almost every tire ever made and reading their reviews, I made my choice and bought my new tires a couple of days ago. I decided on the Firestone FR710. I wanted a tire that offered a little more car-like ride, but also a tire that was used for small SUV's a light trucks. Haven't had them long enough to offer any real review on them, but so far I love them. Excellent ride and handling, and they look great. Plus, they are American made
This forum is hit or miss with responses. Glad you decided on a tire that you like. I was in the same boat with our '08 VUE in November. I did a lot of research and looked at several tires, but in the end I couldn't justify paying $300+ more for BFG Long Trails over the stock Bridgestones. I had good luck with the stock set (42K miles, good wet, dry, and snow traction), so I took a deal with buy 3 get 1 free. While reviews and other people's experience is helpful...the internet is also filled with B.S. reviews and people that don't know anything about tires/cars ONLY posting opinion reviews rather than experience. Enjoy your Firestones, they are a good tire.

2008 VUE XR AWD
2013 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro Titanium Sport

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 08OnyxXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 08OnyxXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
08OnyxXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
olds362
olds362 is on a distinguished road

I have a replacement set of the original bridgestones(not my choice, they were on it when I bought it last July). I don't like them, they are noisy and ride like crap. I will be looking at BFG's or possibly michelins for my next set. I had long trails on my last vehicle and they were quiet and had a nice ride. A friend put a set of Michelin energy savers on a car and I was impressed with those also so they may be an option. The only thing I am sure of is that I will not put another set of duellers on my car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to olds362's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help olds362 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
olds362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

I put Yokohama Parada Spec-X on the '08 Redline Vue. So far I've been very pleased with them. I put them on late last winter, and haven't gotten to try them out in any kind of signifcant snowfall. Wet traction is great, and they are quiet.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hiddenlites is offline   Reply With Quote