SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Hagane
Hagane is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
Attention 2000 SL2 with no-start situation. Need extra brains on this!!!

Hello everyone, I have been kind of lurking on these boards for the last week and now have decided to join. I'm having trouble.

I drove through a deep patch of water, only not knowing exactly how deep it could get. It died pretty much in the middle, and I pushed it out. When I attempted to lock my doors with the RKE, the motor in the drivers side door acted like it was having a fit. The engine wouldn't start after a few days of letting it dry out. So, far I have replaced the starter, which was weak anyway. Replaced the ignition control switch, because I was getting 0 volts at the solenoid/purple lead. Battery seems fine, sounds like it wants to crank, now getting volts at solenoid lead. The engine jumps when I crank it, but then stops. I can turn the crankshaft manually with a breaker bar, the oil is not runny, and there seems to be no trace of serious flooding within the engine. The RKE seems to working fine as well. I've got full instrument display, and the door chime is sounding at the appropriate times.

I've read the neutral safety switch might be to blame, but have been also told if it was faulty it wouldn't even try to crack/turn over like it does. Could my battery be showing ample charge, but not be sufficient in cranking amps? How might I check for both of these? I have some car experience, but do not have enough to tackle this. Are there any other things that I could be checking that I haven't mentioned yet? I wish I could afford to have it repaired, but I am currently on my own, with little to no help available to me. My thanks in advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hagane's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hagane reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links