SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
urban
urban is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Hi and Lo Beams on together...

Anybody know how to mod the 07 Ion to have both hi and lo beams come on in the hi beam position? I modded my 06 Silverado by jumpering certain pins between hi and lo relays with a diode inline.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to urban's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help urban reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Hi and Lo Beams on together...

um, why?!?!?! these aren't a silverado, they have one bulb for both beams, you wouldn't need this nor would you like the results. the high beam covers the area covered by the lows anyways, this would just piss people off.

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
asrawlings@mchs
asrawlings@mchs is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
Anybody know how to mod the 07 Ion to have both hi and lo beams come on in the hi beam position? I modded my 06 Silverado by jumpering certain pins between hi and lo relays with a diode inline.
On my '04 Ion if you positioned the lever perfectly right the hi & lo-beams would work together without further hassle. I do apologize as I am not familiar with what pins to place the jumper in-between. I hope this can at least be a temporary fix.

2008 Vue XE 3.5L AWD V6 (Gold Package)
2006 Vue 2.2L FWD {Traded w/17,000 Miles}
2004 Ion Quad Coupe II (Special Edition) {Traded w/24,000 Miles}
2002 SC1 Coupe {Traded w/35,000 Miles}

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to asrawlings@mchs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help asrawlings@mchs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
asrawlings@mchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan

I can tell you exactly how to mess up your car, but to do such a foolish thing would be, well, foolish!! this will only end badly, you can overheat the headlamp, the headlight assembly, the blinker bulb (a problem on early ions without intentionally overheating it) or the wiring, you can also strain the alternator, or the jumper if not rated for the power can burn. All these problems can show up over time, not necessarily immediately, but most assuredly eventually.

2007 Saturn Ion 2

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #5
urban
urban is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan

Perhaps then you could recommend a bulb replacement that has better high beam characteristics. I need a longer throw that is brighter than stock, without causing a meltdown.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to urban's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help urban reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
2006 ion2
Master Member

2007 ION-2 Sedan

I have sylvania silverstars and have no problem with low or high beams, also try aiming your headlights.g

2007 Saturn Ion 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #7
White17
White17 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

HID's FROM VVME.COM thats where i got mine, great quality low price!! get a bulb colour in the 5000K - 6000K range for the brigtest light output capable from HID's. U'll b amazed. For our cars, the bulb is 9007 with HI-LO in the same bulb, so the HID bulb pivots up and down when you flash your high beams. It's pretty cool.

2.2 M62 Boosted | 2.8" Pullied | 60# EV6 Injectors | Option B | ZZP S3 H/E | Trifecta Tuned | JBP Vortex Header | ZZP 3" Catted DP | 2.5" Vibrant Cat-Back | XXX Rear Sway Bar and much much more…

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to White17's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help White17 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
White17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #8
White17

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Just to Let you know...The HID's from the site i just mentioned (well for our cars at least) have to be modefied because if you plug it in right away, you'll notice that the high beams are on all the time even tho it doesnt say so on your dash, and if you try to flick your high beams you'll notice the bulb will aim down..That said, basically the system comes reversed, to you haveto just cut 2 wires from the headlight harness and re connect them in the proper order so that the system is not reversed, but in your case if you need your high beams on all the time, you wouldnt have to mod anything, just plug it in and they'll be on high all the time.

2.2 M62 Boosted | 2.8" Pullied | 60# EV6 Injectors | Option B | ZZP S3 H/E | Trifecta Tuned | JBP Vortex Header | ZZP 3" Catted DP | 2.5" Vibrant Cat-Back | XXX Rear Sway Bar and much much more…

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help White17 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
06_Ion2
06_Ion2 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe

yes get some HID's you wont need highbeams anymore. well there brighter and way worth it. dont worry about blinding other drivers because it doesnt happen on the ions's because of how our headlights were made. i got a set of 10k and will never have another car without them they make a huge diff.

VISIT MY CARDOMAIN --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2259877
s256 turbo, vulcan intake, exedy clutch, 8.9:1, camed, eagle rods, 2.4 tb, B&G coilovers, patriot head, stage 2 axels 418whp 2.2 :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 06_Ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 06_Ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
06_Ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #10
NRJIZED
NRJIZED is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_Ion2 View Post
yes get some HID's you wont need highbeams anymore. well there brighter and way worth it. dont worry about blinding other drivers because it doesnt happen on the ions's because of how our headlights were made. i got a set of 10k and will never have another car without them they make a huge diff.
So you prefer the blue lights instead of the white light?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NRJIZED's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NRJIZED reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NRJIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #11
White17

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I have the 10000K also, it's blue from when you look at the car from far away, but up close it kinda just looks white with a slight tint of blue, when the beam reflects off signs it still looks white, to me they just stand out so much more, and especially the lines on the road, the light of the HID's make them glow. It's magnificent, i dont think i'll ever go back to stock bulbs on any car. Also the glow it projects onto the ground infront of the car looks really nice!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #12
2004ep3hatch
2004ep3hatch will become famous soon enough

Wow, 10k hid's?? There is almost no light output at that range. How do you guys see lol.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2004ep3hatch's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2004ep3hatch reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2004ep3hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #13
White17

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Are u kidding me? they are at leaast 2x brighter then standard halogen bulbs, you've obviously never seen a lit set.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #14
NRJIZED

2006 ION Red Line
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by White17 View Post
Are u kidding me? they are at leaast 2x brighter then standard halogen bulbs, you've obviously never seen a lit set.
Blue is not as bright as white light. Just because the number is higher doesn't mean they are brighter. 4300-6000K is optimum for white light and intensity. Look it up. It's all over the web showing this.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help NRJIZED reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #15
White17

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Anyone who owns a set of HID's knows the Kelvin Scale. And probably knows that brightness will relate inversely to the temperature. However, even 12000K are still brigter than Standard Halogen bulbs. 5000K is more than 3 times brighter than stock.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-02-2008, 05:38 AM   #16
NRJIZED

2006 ION Red Line
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by White17 View Post
Anyone who owns a set of HID's knows the Kelvin Scale. And probably knows that brightness will relate inversely to the temperature. However, even 12000K are still brigter than Standard Halogen bulbs. 5000K is more than 3 times brighter than stock.
My wife has HID's and has no clue who Kelvin is. lol! Not sure why you even went with the 10000K is all we were getting at. You prolly got them more for the blue effect than for the usefulness of the lighting. If you were looking for function, then you wouldn't have chosen such a high level in the K scale.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #17
SL2-Guy
SL2-Guy is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRJIZED View Post
My wife has HID's and has no clue who Kelvin is. lol! Not sure why you even went with the 10000K is all we were getting at. You prolly got them more for the blue effect than for the usefulness of the lighting. If you were looking for function, then you wouldn't have chosen such a high level in the K scale.

Hey NRJIZED, this is sort of off topic; but i finally bought those HID's from nissangtr i love these light, lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL2-Guy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL2-Guy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL2-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote