SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
frostypanic
frostypanic is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Aura Concept to be Shown In Nashville this Weekend

Saw the ad this weekend in the Sunday Paper. Looking forward to the show, will also be showing production versions of the sky. My pops is on the list for a red Sky. Can't wait to drive that bad boy. All those wondering about the Aura should test drive a new Malibu Maxx, should be very close in ride quality. The engines should be smoother and the suspension a little more taut. I had a Maxx for a year and that car was "sweet", rock solid chassis, stout motor, smooth shifting tranny, and yes the steering takes a while to get used to, but I feel the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Hope to see some Saturn Fans out in Nashvegas this weekend.

Brian

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to frostypanic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help frostypanic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
frostypanic is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
Recoil
Recoil is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
Default Re: Aura Concept to be Shown In Nashville this Weekend

I had forgotten about the Nashville show. I might have to go this year just to see the Auro and Sky. Last time I went was two years ago in hope of seeing the Ion Red Line and it wasn't there. I was so disappointed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Recoil's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Recoil reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
Recoil
Recoil is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
Default Re: Aura Concept to be Shown In Nashville this Weekend

I went to the show before going to the Predators hockey game. The Aura and Sky were there and are beautiful. I would have gone with different color than grey for the Aura but it was still very nice.

One thing I did do while there is take a look at the interior plastics of all the cars. I could not see what the big deal is about the Japanese brands plastics. The looked at felt like they were made in the same plant as the American cars. Sure Saturn's plastics are harder but I they don't look or feal any cheaper. The only car I thought the plastic looked really cheap was in the Hyundais. Of course Honda wasn't there. Toyota and Nissan were though. I was not impressed with the new Camry. The only Japanese car I was really impressed with was the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. Very nice.

The other cars I really liked at the show. The Mustang, the G6, Altima, Solstice, Tahoe, some Dodge truck don't remember what it was, and the big surprise the Malibu Maxx. What can be said about the Mustang. Love the retro look and the interior is very nice. The G6 is a gorgeous car with typical Pontiac interior flare. Nissan continues to be the only Japanese maker that can make a car look nice and be fun to drive. We all know the Solstice well here. The Tahoe while too big for me looks really good and has a lot of great features and comfort which is what you want in a vehicle of its size and price. The Dodge truck I looked at was sporty and had a lot of interior space. Despite the hatchback on it I really like the Malibu Maxx. The design is sporty yet conservative. The interior is spacious. My friend had a enough head room in it, which was a problem in the Cobalt he had been considering. I found that strange since he doesn't have a problem in my Red Line Coupe.

I noticed how much the RADs on the Saturn make the car so much better than the Cobalt. Also the trunk door is not down to the bumper like on the Ion. What are they thinking at Chevy? The trunk space is wasted because hardly anything can fit in that small opening.

I finally got to look at the 2006 Vue interior. It is a great improvement. The quality looks so much better than the 2005.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Recoil's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Recoil reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote