SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Relay > Relay General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
ILsilverL
ILsilverL is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2005 RELAY-3
Default bye bye L hello Relay!

Although I feel sort of lame for admitting that I now own a van, the transport of one (soon to be two) kids and a dog and a bunch of stuff led me to trade my 03 L Premium Edition for a brand new midnight blue Relay 3 with all of the options except for XM and CD Changer. It is amazing how much stuff is on this vehicle! My son enjoyed watching Baby Einstein immensely on a trip to Ohio today, and my wife and I enjoy how it drives. SO far so good.

I was hoping to find one in this configuration with a CD changer, but did not. I assumed that the dealer could just switch one out of another vehicle, but alas was told that this is not possible and my best bet was to have an aftermarket changer put in... Not sure if this will happen or not.

All in all, with the more than reasonable trade allowance and the employee price incentive, it was too good of a deal to pass up.

More to come......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ILsilverL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ILsilverL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ILsilverL is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: bye bye L hello Relay!

Congratulations on your new Relay! Minivans may not be cool but they are very useful and tend to be nice to drive... I especially like the brakes on the Relay. Keep us updated!

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
BradJK
BradJK is on a distinguished road

2005 RELAY-2
2001 SL2

Your the 3rd Saturnfan to buy a Relay in the last week. Finally things seem to be picking up on the Relay forum.

Hope everything goes well. We're loving ours. Gas consumption is a bit more than we were expecting. However, with only 500 miles on it, I am hoping that the mpg will increase over time.

Congrats, and enjoy!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BradJK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BradJK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BradJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
tableforSeven
tableforSeven is on a distinguished road

Congrats on your Relay.

We bought our Relay 2 in Jan. I agree - the DVD is great for long trips (the hardest part for us is getting the kids to agree on what to watch).

Oh - and if it makes you feel better....the US agency that regulates insurance companies classifies the Relay as an SUV (so you don't really own a van ).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tableforSeven's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tableforSeven reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tableforSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #5
kg6mvb
kg6mvb has a spectacular aura aboutkg6mvb has a spectacular aura about

2003 ION-1 Sedan
2002 SL2

Although I don't have a changer either, I did find that it will play MP3 cds. I have ripped my collection of CDs to MP3, and put them in folders on my hard disk at home. I can fit about 10 music CDs on one MP3 CD (It will vary depending on the length). Just pick out what you want loaded, and burn those folders onto the Cd.

We just got home a few days ago from a 2000 mile r/t road trip. Very comfortable ride.

Tom

Proud to be a member of both the Ham Radio and Saturn Cults.

Avitar is a Saturn V rocket engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kg6mvb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kg6mvb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kg6mvb is offline   Reply With Quote