SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
rojo2041
rojo2041 is on a distinguished road

Default 1st revisit?

1 month owner of a 2004 redline..dropping it off for nasty hesitation,bucking in first and second gears [at lower rpms]..nasty backfiring when decelerating in 1st and second gears from 3000-4000 rpms...and the trunk lid-bumper poor fit resulting in worn out paint...sigh...otherwise i luv it... ...i just joined this forum and geez this looks all too familiar...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rojo2041's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rojo2041 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rojo2041 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
xtremesc2
xtremesc2 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
Default Re: 1st revisit?

they'll fix your first and last problems with no problem, haha. there are tsb's out on both of them.

the whole backfiring thing, i dont think ur gonna get rid of anytime soon, at least i dont think so.

where are you from?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xtremesc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xtremesc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xtremesc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Is it backfiring, or backpopping? You're going to hear it popping through the exhaust when decelerating no matter what you do, because of the low restriction exhaust... loud backfiring is another issue, though.
~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:51 AM   #4
xtremesc2
xtremesc2 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

if he has the same problem as me and all other redlines, its the popping. and like i said, it wont be fixed easily, if at all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xtremesc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xtremesc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xtremesc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:49 AM   #5
rojo2041

thx for the feedback on the backpopping...it does resemble a pop as opposed to backfire but the constant popping caught me off guard...i won't keep my fingers and toes crossed when i drop it off at servicing today...now for the hesitation and trunk lid..hmmm...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help rojo2041 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:55 AM   #6
rojo2041

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremesc2
they'll fix your first and last problems with no problem, haha. there are tsb's out on both of them.

the whole backfiring thing, i dont think ur gonna get rid of anytime soon, at least i dont think so.

where are you from?
hey ohioboy....i am from vancouver,bc,canada...when its not raining the best city around....long haul from ohio..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #7
goBoating
goBoating will become famous soon enoughgoBoating will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L
2008 AURA XE

If what you hear is back popping, it is from not-yet combusted fuel making it through the cylinders and into the exhaust system. At times, enough fuel vapor can collect in a section of the exhaust and either a little exhaust valve leakage or a hot spot in the exhaust system ignites the not-yet burnt fuel giving the popping noise. Where you hear an annoyance, I hear music. For me, it harkens back to the MGs and TR6s of the late 60s and early 70s that had such wonderful exhaust sounds. They weren't loud but they sounded great down shifting and diving into turns.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to goBoating's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help goBoating reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
goBoating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:03 AM   #8
atwilson
atwilson is on a distinguished road

hey rojo

we must be next-door neighbors!!

btw - i kinda like that popping and look forward to it,
i find it very comforting

have you heard the srt-4? same thing, just louder

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atwilson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atwilson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #9
Wolfie
Wolfie is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
Question Re: 1st revisit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwilson
hey rojo

we must be next-door neighbors!!

btw - i kinda like that popping and look forward to it,
i find it very comforting

have you heard the srt-4? same thing, just louder
Hey that makes 3 of us in the Vancouver area.....I have only seen one other RL on the Second Narrows bridge was that either of you?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Wolfie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Wolfie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #10
Sp00ner
Sp00ner is on a distinguished road

If you think the Redline pops, you should hear an SRT4 go by at about 2,000 rpms in too low of a gear... sounds like popcorn at some point.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sp00ner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sp00ner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote