SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2015, 03:10 AM   #1
that1man
that1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nice

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default stock stereo replacement

any body wanna recommend a decent Bluetooth stereo for a 07 Saturn ion sedan.. been wanting to do this for a while since my cd player doesn't work anymore. has anyone here done this?

thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to that1man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help that1man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
that1man is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
Patskeeper1
Patskeeper1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: stock stereo replacement

The Kenwood KDC-BT562U is what I have in my '06. The sound quality is phenomenal compared to the stock receiver. It has an aux port and usb on the front as well as 2 subwoofer preamp outputs. The Bluetooth works well with the included external microphone. I Would highly recommend buying from Crutchfield. They send a lot of free hardware with their orders and they have a good selection of products.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Patskeeper1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Patskeeper1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Patskeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 03:48 AM   #3
that1man
that1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nice

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

thanks man. did you install it yourself? if so was it hard to do?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help that1man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-24-2015, 02:22 PM   #4
Patskeeper1

2006 ION-2 Sedan

Yes I installed it myself and no it wasn't hard. All you have to do is take a few bolts out of the dash and trim panels, take the stock receiver out and put the new one in. Start to finish only took a couple of hours. I can't remember right off hand if there was any soldering required or not. I want to say there was a little bit. If you buy from Crutchfield they send very detailed instructions that walk you through the whole process.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Patskeeper1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #5
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

thanks. im gonna get and install one. its cheaper on amazon.. plus im a prime member

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-03-2016, 08:08 PM   #6
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

hey Patskeeper1, i know you have a 2006 but im pretty sure there mostly identical. i was wondering if you can post some images of you installed stereo. the one you suggested is only half size in height compared to the stock one.just trying to see how it would look after replacing

thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-04-2016, 07:26 PM   #7
Patskeeper1

2006 ION-2 Sedan

Here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0104161659.jpg (135.4 KB, 56 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #8
Patskeeper1

2006 ION-2 Sedan

Crutchfield sent the adapter that the stereo fits into for free. It looks good and there is a small storage pocket underneath. I know I sound like a broken record but I still would recommend buying from Crutchfield. Their service is excellent, they are knowledgeable and the little things that they include with your purchase (dash adapter, radio antenna, wiring harness, etc.) imo make it worth purchasing from them even if it costs a little more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-05-2016, 01:00 AM   #9
dcjredline
dcjredline has a spectacular aura aboutdcjredline has a spectacular aura aboutdcjredline has a spectacular aura about

Or try Sonicelectronix.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dcjredline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dcjredline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dcjredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:02 AM   #10
Samtherecordman
Advanced Member
Samtherecordman is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1man View Post
any body wanna recommend a decent Bluetooth stereo for a 07 Saturn ion sedan.. been wanting to do this for a while since my cd player doesn't work anymore. has anyone here done this?

thanks
Kenwood DD (Double DIN) from Crutchfield Canada All Day !!!

Saturn Ion 3 Quad Coupe 3 with Sports Appearance package with Aura Pro Bass Shakers under the front seats, Kenwood Excelon Mono Amplifier and Infinity Kappa Perfect and I'm In Heaven!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Samtherecordman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Samtherecordman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Samtherecordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #11
kevin.st56
kevin.st56 has a spectacular aura aboutkevin.st56 has a spectacular aura about

2003 ION-2 Sedan

i have a JVC double din in mine that i love.
at the time when i bought it, it only cost about 140 at bestbuy.

03 ion-2 Sedan 5sp
94 Honda civic automatic "VTEC yo"
05 Santa Fe 2.7L (Fefe) {Wrecked}

"A problem clearly stated, is a problem half solved."

♕KCCO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kevin.st56's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kevin.st56 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kevin.st56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:26 AM   #12
satfan91
satfan91 is on a distinguished road

I put in a JVC KW-R900BT double din head unit.
It has two usb ports one in the rear on an extended cable that is in the glove box and another usb up front with a 3.5mm aux port also. It comes with a bluetooth usb so you need to decide if you are going to use it up front or on the wire from the rear. I chose the rear usb for the bluetooth so I can use usb flash drives up front for music. The bluetooth works great and I can also run pandora or hands free calls from my phone.
I do recommend that you do a little soldering so the connections are connected well with no chance of coming apart and causing a short. Some shrink wrap is also in order for the wires to cover the soldering or tight electrical tape.
I did searching online to find the best prices for everything needed for the install and paid much less than ordering directly from Crutchfields. Not that they are a bad company by any means as I have dealt with them in the past with outstanding service and ease of obtaining whats needed for an install.

Below is the same head unit I have with some other extras done by or for the video producer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UozZWuiBzLk

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to satfan91's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help satfan91 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
satfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:29 PM   #13
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Didn't get any notifications after Patskeeper1 last post. Anyone know of any good android stereo units like this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1gc4p3ClkQ

Looks pretty good

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-19-2016, 10:26 AM   #14
Ozziator
Ozziator is on a distinguished road

I have always used pioneer head units and this is a good price for this unit on Amazon. Pioneer AVH-280BT In-Dash DVD Receiver with 6.2" Display and Bluetooth

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ozziator's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ozziator reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ozziator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #15
kevin.st56
kevin.st56 has a spectacular aura aboutkevin.st56 has a spectacular aura about

2003 ION-2 Sedan

I always wanted to find a good unit that has that option of changing the boot animation to either the vehicle logo, or a custome one.

03 ion-2 Sedan 5sp
94 Honda civic automatic "VTEC yo"
05 Santa Fe 2.7L (Fefe) {Wrecked}

"A problem clearly stated, is a problem half solved."

♕KCCO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kevin.st56's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kevin.st56 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kevin.st56 is offline   Reply With Quote