SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 04:48 AM   #1
mtncub
mtncub is on a distinguished road

Roll Eyes 2002 Saturn LS200 : Stereo Install ?

Hello All !

I'm a newbie here so do forgive me !

I've installed many a stereo systen in many vehicles... 1993 Honda Civic EX, 1999 Ford Ranger XLT supercab, 2000 VW Jetta GL, 1989 Oldsmobile '89.

I just picked up my 2002 Saturn LS200 today, and the factory stereo , though decent sounding, totally lacks in power. So I'm going to stuff in my Sony CDX-C5000X into the dash, taking me to 200 watts of joy. The question is, do I need to do anything *special* to take the dask trim off ? I haven't had a great chance to look, as I got the car just before coming to work today. When I leave work at 1am It'll be to dark to tinker to much, but I'll check around.

But there isn't anything *obvious* for removing the front stereo bezel and trim. No screws or anything.

On all the other auto's I owned as listed above, it was very obvious. Any tips for a new Saturn Owner ?

I've got a new system in the works for a custom box that I'll be building with a single 12" , 500" watt sub for the trunk. I just need to get bezel off and I'm good to go for the rest !

Any tips would be appreciated very much !

I'm very happy to have gotten this car . For only a 2.2 l 4 banger, it's pretty zippy! I went from my 4x4 Ford Ranger to this..and its very nice to be low to the ground again. It's got great fuel mileage, plenty of room for my 6'1 , 300+ lbs bearish frame. I love it ! I mean.. I've got a 62" chest .. a 22" neck. I'm just beefy, and hardly ANY car out there fits me well : / But this lil Saturn is a trooper !

My previous autos.

http://www.pumpkintechnologies.com/auto.htm
I had a lot of fun working on these vehicles and customizing them.. I think the Honda was my favorite. Top speed of 135 when I was thru. ( SIGH ) I miss that little bugger !

But maybe I can do something to this Saturn to make it all worth it !!

Pics to come soon !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mtncub's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mtncub reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2003, 11:20 AM   #2
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

That should just be a pull off if it's the same as my 2000 LS. Bezel just snapped out exposing radio which I swapped with the deluxe radio from our 2000 SL1.

Dealer should be glad to confirm for you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-12-2003, 11:26 AM   #3
Dj_Xao
Advanced Member
Dj_Xao is on a distinguished road

yeah all u do is pop off the center trim.. it pulls right off.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dj_Xao's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dj_Xao reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-12-2003, 04:10 PM   #4
mtncub

Default Snap out ?

Ah ! Domo Arigatoo Gozaimasu ! (( Thank you very much !! ))

It worked !

*cackles gleefully and rubs his paws together*

Today is the day !! (bwaahahah)

*scampers away to put in his stereo*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mtncub reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2003, 06:01 AM   #5
mtncub

Woohooo

Ok. So. I couldn't stand it. The funny clicking in the stock cd player.. and the fact it's way underpowered, led me to make a quick stop on the way to work today for a dash kit and a wiring harness.

20 minutes later, all the wires on the quick release harness spliced into my Sony, plugged into the factory harness ( makes for a tidy removal later ! ) , and voila ! Stereo Joy !

Of course, my AM / FM tuner blew up last week, so am not happy about THAT, but it will be fixed eventually or I'll just replace it.

Anyway. I have 2 pics in my gallery of my car now ! Yaaay

Enjoy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread