SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
mac99sl2
Advanced Member
mac99sl2 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
1999 SL2
Default Air Tools!!!!-Yes!

Okay, so this is not directly related to my SL2 except for the fact that I am excited to do my spring "fix up" on the satty. I just picked up a compressor (craigslist) and a Craftsman "mechanics air tool kit" which includes a 3/8 air ratchet 1/2 impact gun and a small air hammer. I also have another A.I.R. 1/2" impact gun from the old days of Discount Tire co. and a 1/2" air ratchet. I am going to buy some universals and extensions then I should be ready for whatever repairs come my way. This will speed things up 100%. Now that I bought a house with a garage (thanks to the foreclosure market in the Detroit area) I can do whatever I can muster the balls to do. I only spent a total of $ 130 between craigslist and fleabay! This will make it so much easier to do the repairs ahead: sway bar bushings, dogbone(? haven't looked into that yet) struts... the list can go on and on. I just wanted to share my happiness

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mac99sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mac99sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mac99sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
richpin06
richpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2
Default Re: Air Tools!!!!-Yes!

Over at chinamart they have a set of Stanley 1/2 inch deep impact sockets at a good price that i know will come in handy...............

http://www.youtube.com/richpin06a

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to richpin06's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help richpin06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
richpin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Watch eBay for a Snap-On IM31 3/8 impact gun and an IR IR2135TiMAX 1/2 gun. These both can be found cheap on fleabay and can be rebuilt down the road. The IR will take the crank pulley bolt out where most will not.

Air tools are a good thing.

Harbor Freight impact sockets are good and low cost.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
Cheyne
Cheyne will become famous soon enoughCheyne will become famous soon enough

2000 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpin06 View Post
Over at chinamart they have a set of Stanley 1/2 inch deep impact sockets at a good price that i know will come in handy...............
I have that set. I like it but only wish it had come with a 15mm. Got my mine just before I was going to work on the mounts, which of course require ... 15mm.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cheyne's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cheyne reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
mac99sl2
Advanced Member

1998 SL
1999 SL2

Thanks guys! I will be expanding my collection of air tool accessories piece by piece as time goes on. As you mentioned the next part is getting all of the necessary sockets and extensions, universals and such. Some other things not automotive related that I'm looking for are things like a nail gun. I will accumulate these things as time goes on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mac99sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
Cat Fuzz
Cat Fuzz is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2

Check Harbor Freight for the impact sockets. Very inexpensive and just as good as Craftsman. You get a large size range as well. Mine having been serving me very well for 5+ years with a lot of use.

03 GMC Envoy XL
99 Isuzu Rodeo V-6, 4WD, Rebuilt 3.2L with 3.5L internals
63 Mercury Comet Convertible

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cat Fuzz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cat Fuzz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cat Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
mac99sl2
Advanced Member

1998 SL
1999 SL2

right now I am bidding on a snap-on swivel impact universal. This will come in handy!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!