SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
sunshine010702
sunshine010702 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default 2003 L300 Fuel Filter

Can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is located on my 2003 L300? I was driving along and my car started bucking, then I saw my RPMs start dropping until they were at 0 and the car had shut off. My husband checked at the schader valve and had no fuel pressure. I have not changed the filter in 63,000 miles. Do you think it could be the fuel filter or the fuel pump? As always....thanks for your help...you guys are great!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sunshine010702's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sunshine010702 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sunshine010702 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2003 L300 Fuel Filter

Fuel filter replacement should be around the 100k mile mark so you're good till then. Fuel pressure at the test (schrader) valve should spray after turning the ignition key to the ON/RUN position; the fuel pump will run for 2-3 seconds, then shut off (safety reasons) where there should be pressure for measuring with a fuel pressure gauge or depressing the valve stem to see fuel spray. In the car, while turning the ignition key to the ON/RUN position, you should be able to hear the faint hum/hiss of the fuel pump running. You can do this several times to listen for the pump if you like, just cycle the ignition key completely off then back to ON again. You may have to wait 10-seconds between pump cycles.

If there are no sounds or fuel spray fom the test valve, then try checkng the fuel pump fuse and/or substituting the fuel pump relay with a similar one like the horn relay, all in the fuse panel.

The in-line fuel filter is in the rear passenger side wheel well, forward.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
sunshine010702
sunshine010702 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Here's an update on my 2003 L300.....we tried the wiper relay [it's the same as the fuel pump], it was not the relay, changed the fuel filter, that was not the problem either. The car is in the garage now, they weren't sure it was the fuel pump at first, however, it's getting a new fuel pump today. I'll post another update, once I get the car back and have all the answers. Thanks for all your advise and assistance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sunshine010702's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sunshine010702 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sunshine010702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
mag05
mag05 is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem with my 2003 l300 and was ready to go get a fuel filter. Fuse and relay are ok. I have no pressure in the fuel line. Did replacing your fuel pump solve the problem?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mag05's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mag05 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mag05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Are you aware of posting in a 5yr old thread with no reply? You may be better off posting a new thread. In the mean time search threads for testing the fuel system.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
mag05
mag05 is on a distinguished road

OK thanks fdryer. It was the fuel pump

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mag05's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mag05 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mag05 is offline   Reply With Quote