SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
softwheat
softwheat is on a distinguished road

Default Windshield Wiper Blade Smearing on Windshield

Good afternoon,

I was wondering for people out there that have aura's I clean my windshield wipers at least once a month (the blades that is) and this has happened to me about 3 times now where. The rubber will actually start to smear off during heavy rain on the windshield. Is there anything that I am doing wrong that is causing this to happen or is there a product that anyone recommends. Because the cleaning of the windshield with rubbing alcohol late at night to remove the rubber is getting crazy! Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to softwheat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help softwheat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
softwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Windshield Wiper Blade Smearing on Windshield

hm i haven't seen the rubber coming off - but i will say they absolutely S U C K for ice/snow/winter.

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
svenster
svenster is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Mine do the same thing and have since new. I notice they leave marks more when I'm using them on the highway instead of around town. The only thing would be try a different manufacturer but there aren't many out there. I know Trico makes a set but I'm not sure if they supply GM also.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to svenster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help svenster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
svenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
thewolf
thewolf is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2008 AURA XE

The blades on my XR are, without a doubt, the BEST blades I've ever used. I live in Western NY and we get our fair share of winter, and they are as good in the snow/ice as the summer.

I've not experienced the "smearing" that you are mentioned, talk to your dealer...

Live and learn...........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thewolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thewolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:38 AM   #5
humfrz
humfrz is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by softwheat View Post
Good afternoon,

I was wondering for people out there that have aura's I clean my windshield wipers at least once a month (the blades that is) and this has happened to me about 3 times now where. The rubber will actually start to smear off during heavy rain on the windshield. Is there anything that I am doing wrong that is causing this to happen or is there a product that anyone recommends. Because the cleaning of the windshield with rubbing alcohol late at night to remove the rubber is getting crazy! Thanks!
Assuming you are not cleaning your wiper blades with acetone or sulferic acid, it sounds to me like you need a new set of wiper blades.............

humfrz

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to humfrz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help humfrz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:40 AM   #6
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
The blades on my XR are, without a doubt, the BEST blades I've ever used. I live in Western NY and we get our fair share of winter, and they are as good in the snow/ice as the summer.

I've not experienced the "smearing" that you are mentioned, talk to your dealer...
Agreed. 15 months and mine are still going strong.

To the OP: Use washer fluid to clean the blades/windshield instead of rubbing alcohol. Replace those blades too. Now amount of cleaning is going to help if the blade has a tear in it. It'll just keep disintegrating.

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #7
softwheat
softwheat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenster View Post
Mine do the same thing and have since new. I notice they leave marks more when I'm using them on the highway instead of around town. The only thing would be try a different manufacturer but there aren't many out there. I know Trico makes a set but I'm not sure if they supply GM also.
Hmmm.... At least I know I am not crazy and knowing that other people are having this problem makes me feel a little better, Wiper blades have been replaced already and I am not spraying acid on the windshield either Weird? I guess we will have to go with a different manufactor, when it rains down here it does big time, and I drive 80% freeway and 20% city, and it only happends when I am on the freeway figure that one out! Well Just have to keep the cleaning supplies in the back seat when I do my 100+ Mile trips and it is pouring outside!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to softwheat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help softwheat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
softwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
nakman
nakman is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

OK. I'm a bit of an imposter here with a G6 but, I can say the wipers have been fantastic this winter.

I must admit that I'm a bit OCD with adjusting the intermin adjustments to find the "perfect" time to swipe. Most times I just press down the wiper staulk to only swipe when I want them to.

I think the residue is from operating on a clean/dry windshield.

JMO

2007 VUE FWD 3.5L, Storm Grey
2008 Honda Accord, 2.4l, auto, Black
(Pic is the 03 VUE, 4 banger, 5 spd, gone but not forgotten)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nakman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nakman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nakman is offline   Reply With Quote