SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
ExMiata
ExMiata is on a distinguished road

Default OK.....I LIKE Rice

I grew up in the time of Super Birds with huge spoilers and the Hemi with a big shaker hood. Guys jacked up the back end with spring shackles. Chrome reverse wheels with big fat tires. Guys made their cars unique.

Then pollution controls, computers and car companies that didn't want you to touch the engine. The home built hot rod vanished.

The ricer is the rebirth of the cheap do it your self custom car. Add ons are cheap and plentiful. I do say I wish if they had to mess with the exhaust they would spend money and get a good a good system and not go for just LOUD!

Guess I "riced" my Miata. Louvered headlights, turnsignal intakes, BBS wheels, custom grille, hash marks, amazing CSI and a spolier (not in photo) and a roll bar-saved my life!!! Most folks make a few changes to make them their own. Fun and easy to do. Anything from plastic add ons = the "cool" look to turbo and super chargers developed just for the Miata.

I was a bit surprised to see there isn't much made for Saturn add ons. Now, I think the SC STOCK has the looks over the Miata (mine is a 2001 SC2). But I'd love to find a nice hood scoop that really fits, a spoiler etc maker her "mine".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ExMiata's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ExMiata reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ExMiata is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
bboynowee
bboynowee is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
Default Re: OK.....I LIKE Rice

Hey I always say "what ever floats your boat." As long as you like what u have done!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bboynowee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bboynowee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bboynowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

No offence, but for some reason when I see your Miata, I just want to punch it's teeth out. It's got a weird smiley face look to it with the grille and...headlight cover louvers?

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #4
1994Saturn
1994Saturn will become famous soon enough

1994 SL2
1994 SL1
Happy Re: OK.....I LIKE Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
No offence, but for some reason when I see your Miata, I just want to punch it's teeth out. It's got a weird smiley face look to it with the grille and...headlight cover louvers?
lmao! That is funny... Its different.

Current:
1998 SL2 Auto issues 112K
1995 Eagle Vision 3.5L TSI 117K
Past:
98 SL1 254k miles Valves Burnt.
94 SL2 125K miles Diff Pin Blew!
94 SL1 Sold @134K.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1994Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1994Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1994Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #5
ExMiata
ExMiata is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post

Yea, I know I'm in the minority here. Hopin' to find somebody of like mind....perhaps not?
The deer mods, by the way, were not what I had in mind.

The grille is Chrysler...added after I pried the second bird off my radiator. It looked much better in person. There is a company that makes shark teeth, vampire fangs and rabbit teeth grille inserts for the Maita. They are really goofy. Miata did not have a factory grille

I liked the look of the louvers - they were scheduled to be painted to match the rest of the car - lowers the engine compartment temp. Louvers were also big with old hot rod guys.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ExMiata's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ExMiata reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ExMiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
geartooth94
Master Member
geartooth94 will become famous soon enough

i like it except for the non-painted mod parts you put on. most of the time, it's unpainted garish add-on parts that add weight that people around here like to call "rice" .

small example:

just paint the stuff and it'll be "fine"

1996 Dodge Avenger ES: 2.5L V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to geartooth94's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help geartooth94 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
geartooth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #7
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nice

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Naw..Your Miata's not riced. Looks good

Now, if you put some neonlights under it and add a usless "fart can" muffler, Now you're Talkin' and you can hang out at Jack in the Box with pride!

Of course I still remember
Ol Flouncin' Freddy
We were pumping gas
Down at El Sobrante Shell
His Mustang was his pride n' joy
He liked to dance the cowboy,
Hanging out at Jack In the Box
But eat at Taco Bell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-ew5joRa0

Last edited by bumpdraft; 02-10-2008 at 10:25 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #8
ajs_saturn
Advanced Member
ajs_saturn will become famous soon enoughajs_saturn will become famous soon enough

2001 SL1
2001 SC1

i like rice too, especially when you add velveeta cheese in it, mmmmhmmm, sounds good right now

2001 SL1 5spd - DOHC swap and MS in the works
Bought 02/27/14

2000 SL 5spd
Bought 04/05/05
Sold 06/14/10

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ajs_saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ajs_saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ajs_saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #9
hit_n_run
hit_n_run is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by geartooth94 View Post
i like it except for the non-painted mod parts you put on. most of the time, it's unpainted garish add-on parts that add weight that people around here like to call "rice" .

small example:

just paint the stuff and it'll be "fine"

I don't know why people think unpainted body kits, euro wings, and fart can mufflers make a car look cool. That car looks real cool when that 85 hp comes down the road at its top speed of 60 mph, right?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hit_n_run's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hit_n_run reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hit_n_run is offline   Reply With Quote