SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

Default TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results - Saturn VUE

The latest TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results have been posted. These are for the year ending September 30, 2007.

For the 2006 Saturn VUE, I have an average of 5.4 months of data on 17 cars. The stat of 105 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (1.1 per vehicle) is worse than average for a 2006 model.

For the 2007 Saturn VUE, I have an average of 3.8 months of data on 18 cars. The stat of 106 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (1.1 per vehicle) is worse than average for a 2007 model.

Both sample sizes are insufficient, so both results are asterisked. But they are nearly identical, which suggests that they are accurate despite the small sample sizes for each year alone.

Everyone who has been helping out with this research, thanks, these results wouldn't have been possible without you. Those who aren't yet helping out, I hope you'll consider doing so. It would be nice to get rid of those asterisks and include additional model years.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkaresh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
AzBlondeRocket
AzBlondeRocket is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results - Saturn VUE

Wish I could be more help, but luckily, <knocks on wooden desk> my Vue hasn't had to visit the mechanic too often.

Hopefully more will sign up and see what a valuable service you are providing.

2006 Saturn Vue Red Line -A Moose is on the Loose-
1990 Toyota Camry LE-V6 - Katy the Camry

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AzBlondeRocket's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AzBlondeRocket reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AzBlondeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBlondeRocket View Post
Wish I could be more help, but luckily, <knocks on wooden desk> my Vue hasn't had to visit the mechanic too often.

Hopefully more will sign up and see what a valuable service you are providing.
Same here... I believe my dealer has forgotten who I am... Never had to go back since I bought the VUE.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
pdough
Advanced Member
pdough will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

Interesting that 06 Saturn Vues have smaller than average user numbers, smaller than average months and months/veh, yet have higher than average mileage for ll tracked 06's. We must like our vehicles even though they are unreliable.

If i added mine the number would be worse. I've had it in 3 times in two years and have much higher than average mileage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pdough's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pdough reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
mkaresh
Advanced Member

Participants without any problems are just as helpful as those with problems. You need a representative number of both groups to get an accurate average.

The smaller months and higher miles would both be because I only started including the VUE in the survey recently. The odometer reading is the average of every quarter a vehicle was included in the survey. So those included throughout the past year will have lower averages.

That said, you'll also find higher averages if a model year started in the spring or if a half-year is being included in the following year. Compare the 2007 Toyota Camry and Dodge Caliber, both spring intros, to the 2007 VUE.

Finally, one of the main reasons I started conducting this research is to post actual repair rates, not just relative ratings in the form of dots. Note that "worse than average" is still just about one repair trip per year. Since some people have multiple trips, this means that some people also have none. Even with a below average model.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
mkaresh
Advanced Member

Just noticed that I left out the result for the 2004, which does not appear to be accurate. Still, it does suggest that the actual repair rate is probably somewhere between the 2004 result the 2006/2007 results. A larger sample size would clarify this, so I hope more owners can sign up and participate.

Here's the revised post:

The latest TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results have been posted. These are for the year ending September 30, 2007.

For the 2004 Saturn VUE, I have an average of 2.6 months of data on 17 cars. The stat of 53 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.5 per vehicle) is better than average for a 2004 model.

For the 2006 Saturn VUE, I have an average of 5.4 months of data on 17 cars. The stat of 105 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (1.1 per vehicle) is worse than average for a 2006 model.

For the 2007 Saturn VUE, I have an average of 3.8 months of data on 18 cars. The stat of 106 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (1.1 per vehicle) is worse than average for a 2007 model.

All three sample sizes are insufficient, so the results are asterisked. The 2006 and 2007 results are nearly identical, while the 2004 result is half as high, suggesting that the 2004 results is inaccurate owing to the small sample size, while the other two are likely more accurate.

Everyone who has been helping out with this research, thanks, these results wouldn't have been possible without you. Those who aren't yet helping out, I hope you'll consider doing so. It would be nice to get rid of those asterisks and include additional model years.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

REWARD EXCELLENCE!