SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2015, 08:31 AM   #21
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: What will I get if I order GM Mats for Saturn, OEm part # 21038725 ?

^^^^ok

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #22
J N Winkler
Advanced Member
J N Winkler is a jewel in the roughJ N Winkler is a jewel in the roughJ N Winkler is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
Default Re: What will I get if I order GM Mats for Saturn, OEm part # 21038725 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
Trim combination should be 612 for your color and seats, basic biscuit or tan.

21038725 is Black for 01-02.

You are looking for 21070234 Dk. Biscuit. And, http://collectorsautosupply.com/ says they have them. Best to call and confirm. No other place has them that keeps the available numbers up to date.
OldNuc, many thanks for digging this up! Out of interest, did you have to refer to a paper catalogue of Saturn parts and accessories? I ask because there doesn't seem to be a facility online for matching accessories to trim codes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to J N Winkler's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help J N Winkler reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
J N Winkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:54 AM   #23
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

You have to look up the trim RPO color from the number and then go to a paper part catalog to find what was available during production of the cars to get a number. Then you take that number to here: http://www.trademotion.com/splash/in...?siteid=214643 plug it in and search. If the number has changed you will see that and if any commonly available stock exists you see that as well. To look on shelves use this. https://www.partsvoice.com/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #24
jhonky
jhonky is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

Gmpartsdirect cancelled the floor mats

Ended up paying 12 something for shipping of the trans mount, versus 12 something for shipping of both

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"
I burn about a quart about every 1500 miles.

If it ain't broke, fix it some more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jhonky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jhonky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:10 PM   #25
J N Winkler
Advanced Member
J N Winkler is a jewel in the roughJ N Winkler is a jewel in the roughJ N Winkler is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonky View Post
Gmpartsdirect cancelled the floor mats
Is this because they were out of stock?

I confess I was thinking of going ahead and ordering the ebony mats for $65 instead of the dark biscuit ones for $120. The latter would have been a by-the-book match, but $120 is a bit rich for my blood, a lighter color shows everything, and if there is really only one NOS set of dark biscuit mats out there, I'd run the risk of spoiling someone else's hundred-pointer restoration. It also looked to me like the ebony might be a reasonably close color match to the dashboard.

But if GMPartsDirect advertises it for $65 and doesn't have it in stock . . . well, there goes that option.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help J N Winkler reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #26
OldNuc

1998 SC2

GM PartsDirect is not very prompt in updating stock. All of this NOS stock is interconnected so use this company to see if it really exists: http://www.trademotion.com/splash/in...?siteid=214643 Then check here to see if they went to the disposal warehouse: https://www.partsvoice.com/ Classic Parts updates in parts voice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-25-2015, 10:59 PM   #27
jhonky

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J N Winkler View Post
Is this because they were out of stock?

I confess I was thinking of going ahead and ordering the ebony mats for $65 instead of the dark biscuit ones for $120. The latter would have been a by-the-book match, but $120 is a bit rich for my blood, a lighter color shows everything, and if there is really only one NOS set of dark biscuit mats out there, I'd run the risk of spoiling someone else's hundred-pointer restoration. It also looked to me like the ebony might be a reasonably close color match to the dashboard.

But if GMPartsDirect advertises it for $65 and doesn't have it in stock . . . well, there goes that option.

Didnt give a reason, just sent me an order update email and said the mats were canceled and the trans mount was shipping

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help jhonky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2015, 11:10 PM   #28
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Mats are not available from dealers, or Classic Parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen-2015-06-25_22-12.jpg (49.2 KB, 16 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-25-2015, 11:50 PM   #29
jhonky

1998 SL2

rats! guess the thread maker got the last ones

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-26-2015, 12:56 AM   #30
OldNuc

1998 SC2

No idea but these things go fast.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #31
J N Winkler
Advanced Member

1994 SL2

NOS parts in general for these cars now seem to be going like snowflakes in hell. What's the strategy for when they are completely gone? (How do people keep very old cars, like the 1965 Ford Fairlane I saw in a campground recently, on the road?)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-26-2015, 04:23 PM   #32
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Junk Yards and aftermarket parts suppliers. When the car reaches about 30 years old the aftermarket parts start showing up.
Carpeting and those kinds of things are gone forever as the reproductions never make it to OEM quality.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #33
guyg
guyg will become famous soon enough

1997 SW2
2007 VUE 3.5L

If anyone is interested in the 21070234 Dk. Biscuit mats,it seems White Racing Products have two sets in stock, $79.59 plus $23.50 shipping.
http://www.whiteracingproducts.com/i...cts_id=1629418
Of course they may or may not have them, be listed correctly, etc. but they do take PayPal so you have some recourse.
I am tempted to order some for my 97 SW2 but probably a set of Weather Tech mats would be a better choice for me, even though they are a generic fit for the Saturn. I have a set from Wally World in now and can't stand them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to guyg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help guyg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
guyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #34
KSabo
KSabo is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2

Looking for the GM part number of the light grey S-Series mats that come with a white exterior. I was just gifted a 2002 SL2 that needs mats.

21070234 = biscuit
21038725 = dk grey

Black 2002 SC2 manual 1.9L DOHC - 210,000 miles (July 2017)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KSabo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KSabo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KSabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #35
Dadillac
Dadillac has a spectacular aura aboutDadillac has a spectacular aura about

2001 SL1

Just ordered a set for my daughters car. They showed limited availability. Will see if they actually arrive. Cost $91.97 from GMpartsgiant.

Don

Modern Warriors Saddle Iron Horses of Chrome

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dadillac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dadillac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #36
KSabo

2002 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSabo View Post
Looking for the GM part number of the light grey S-Series mats that come with a white exterior. I was just gifted a 2002 SL2 that needs mats.

21070234 = biscuit
21038725 = dk grey
Looks like my answer is maybe 21035599.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help KSabo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #37
Dadillac
Dadillac has a spectacular aura aboutDadillac has a spectacular aura about

2001 SL1

GMpartsgiant canceled my order. No more available I suppose.

Don

Modern Warriors Saddle Iron Horses of Chrome

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dadillac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dadillac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:50 PM   #38
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

i still got the oem rubber saturn mats in my car. they look like new. they are the best mats that stand the test of time. they always look great & never get dirty & soiled like a carpeted mat...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #39
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Carpet is OK if you set a pair of those deep rubber mats into the car for winter. SAMs sells a descent set of the deep mats that fit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-15-2015, 10:22 PM   #40
KSabo

2002 SC2

I ordered these from GMPartsNow.com and they arrived today for the 'new' SL2. They should match when the SL2 interior is actually cleaned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mat1.jpg (58.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg mat2.jpg (70.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg mat3.jpg (52.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg mat4.jpg (54.0 KB, 19 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!