SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2016, 11:40 PM   #181
h vander
h vander is on a distinguished road

Happy Re: Bad coilpack, VERY expensive part

I bought a coil pack on line from rock auto for about 44.00 worked for over a year then went out but still that is cheap compared to some of those higher prices I bought another one and I saw that there was a 10 year waranty . I still need to check on that.

Any body know where to buy a Accelerator position sensor for reasonable price

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to h vander's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help h vander reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
h vander is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #182
AstraFasta
AstraFasta will become famous soon enoughAstraFasta will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Bad coilpack, VERY expensive part

Quote:
Originally Posted by h vander View Post
Please see the following post for some ideas from our European colleagues:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=18

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AstraFasta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AstraFasta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AstraFasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:27 AM   #183
velocast
velocast has a spectacular aura aboutvelocast has a spectacular aura aboutvelocast has a spectacular aura about

ECCPP

“A good quality coil needs to perform consistently from idle through the shift point or redline. The key is to maintain steady coil voltage under load with no drop off in the acceleration phase. A good coil efficiently transfers energy throughout the operating range of the engine.”

I got a brand new heavy duty ECCPP coil ranked number one on top of Audi, MSD, Bosh, etc., for only $15.00 from ebay (I don’t know what happened!). Life is easy!

ECCPP is made by:
1. Copper Winding Wire made by Elektrisola (Germany). It resists temperature variations from - 40 C degrees to +180 C degrees.
2. Epoxide-Resin Glue made Kyocera Group (Japan). Epoxide-Resin specially developed as an isolate potting material!
3. Plastic Material (PPO): SABIC (USA división). PPO can resist temperatures up to +180 C degrees as well as voltage of 36,000 volts.

Also, I replaced my spark plugs back to OEM: So, my ECCPP is operating at much optimum output. If your spark plugs are worn out, or have a wide gap it forces the ignition coils to operate at a much higher output overloading its circuitry and transistor.
1. Bosch R6: FOR8LEU2
2. Gap: 0.035 in
3. Torque: 18-21 lb-ft

Note: DO NOT use ANTI-SEIZE compounds on SPARK PLUGS like I did. Anti-seize destroys torque specifications.
GM recomends to simply coat the threads of the new spark plug with synthetic oil. Spark plugs should be installed as they come from the factory.

Pros:
More responsive acceleration
Smooth idle with or without AC running
Less engine noise when idle
Smooth ride
Improved gas millage per gallon

Cons:
I could not get the ECCPP coil to clip into the connector socket. So, with little intuition and persuasion it clipped nice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to velocast's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help velocast reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
velocast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #184
velocast
velocast has a spectacular aura aboutvelocast has a spectacular aura aboutvelocast has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Not too expensive: NGK

Due to my resent ECU reset done by the dealership, and the good reviews.

I decided to replace my ECCPP ignition coil (still working well). There are tons of brand name ignition coils with cheap prices. It is hard to know if is genuine or counterfeit. So, I decided to purchase one from Rockauto.com a NGK ignition coil $168. NGK is a well know brand. Also, Rockauto more likely will buy directly from the manufacturer.

The NGK did come properly sealed in a box. It says made in China. To my surprise, it has a golden NGK stamp, and also it says Delphi. it is noticeable the build quality. Good!

I can feel my idle and ride are smoother! No regrets ….

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to velocast's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help velocast reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
velocast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:12 PM   #185
PaulR
PaulR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by h vander View Post
I bought a coil pack on line from rock auto for about 44.00 worked for over a year then went out but still that is cheap compared to some of those higher prices I bought another one and I saw that there was a 10 year waranty . I still need to check on that.

The Delphi brand ignition coil pack I bought from the Vauxhall Superstore in April 2013 lasted 39,000 miles. I think I payed $178 for it shipped. That was when there were no aftermarkets available and GM wanted $350. I replaced it last month with an AC Delco for $57.30.

PaulR

2008 XR3 5 speed, heated seats, leather, premium sound , 18" wheels, center armrest
2008 XE5 CEL Special Edition, 5 speed, heated seats, panoramic moonroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PaulR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PaulR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PaulR is offline   Reply With Quote