SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 06-06-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
bromeoSC2
bromeoSC2 is on a distinguished road

Default Removing exterior door b-pillar trim....

So i the b-pillars on my saturn look like ***** these days, and I was thinking about replacing or at least repainting them since the old paint is flaking off and there is some minor surface rust on the exposed metal. I can get new ones for under $20 each or I can repaint them. Either way I am going to need to removal them (yeah i know i can paint them without removing them but i can do a much better and complete job). I've looked through my chiltons and did a search of the forums and didn't find anything pertinent. My buddy has access to SOMEdata and even that didn't have any useful info. Has anyone removed these before? And if so what do i need to do? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
bromeoSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Removing exterior door b-pillar trim....

Year?
Assume the B pillar that is on the door (SC2)?
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

If its a gen 2 SC2 its not a simple task. I have the body book and it involves drilling out the rivets that hold them in place. If you are creative with that hard acrylic plastic that they make many of those clear packaging containers out of you can peel back the rubber moldings and slip in the plastic. It is hard enough to hold the rubber molding out of the way and then prep and paint with motorcycle case paint. Works very well.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
richpin06
richpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Put the window down pull out the rubber and drill out the rivets.

http://www.youtube.com/richpin06a
richpin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Don't forget the disassemble door and remove the rivet heads, they rattle.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
bromeoSC2
bromeoSC2 is on a distinguished road

THANKS A LOT! You guys are awesome! I'll try to be extra careful pulling back that window seal...i'm assuming that there is not any special adhesive holding that stuff in place. Since I have cans of black semi gloss engine enamel kickin around maybe i'll try painting these and if that does work out i'll buy some new ones. I find the engine enamel to be pretty robust, maybe a coat of clear over that and it should look ok if i don't get any runs.
bromeoSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote