SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 12-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #81
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Took a gamble, bought a tech2 clone (Tech2Win)

I had difficulty loading the software onto two different laptops. Not only is the auto install program imperfect, the video included in the compressed file seemed unfriendly and the cd came with a trojan virus making it useless to load. I had to download the auto install program from a link. I wandered around files to understand why it wouldn't load the MDI program because the pseudo MDI was never recognized and cryptic error messages stated no MDI installed. Apparently, the pseudo MDI is needed in order to run VCX Nano. Several emails to tech support was replied with something like "view the video...." So back to loading files manually until MDI was recognized and communicating with VCX Nano. My stumbling block was MDI not installed in the so called auto install program and misled me for awhile as I saw MDI not recognized and preventing VCX Nano from communicating to the bcm in my L300.

There's no harm in trying your VCX Nano on other vehicles. Either it connects and communicates or not. It's that simple. Having it work on one car to view every parameter that isn't seen with generic readers verifies your laptop or pc was correctly installed with software and communicates to one vehicle. That alone says a lot. Knowing VCX Nano works means you have a setup ready to connect to other vehicles in the GM family that its configured for. Whether other GM vehicles do communicate with VCX Nano has yet to be proven. Perhaps vxdiagshop.com has forums to find others using theirs on other vehicles. A quick way to find out without guessing.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2019, 10:44 PM   #82
Zeebins
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Rock View Post
In your attached thumbnail the arrows between the mdi and automobile are not green. Was the VXDIAG in the diagnostic port?
It was plugged into the computer but not the car. I didn't really feel like going out to the car that late. I assume if it got that far, it will work when actually want to use it.
97 SL2, auto, 119K miles
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:00 PM   #83
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebins View Post
It was plugged into the computer but not the car. I didn't really feel like going out to the car that late.
I understand. The main reason I mentioned not having green arrows is because it was a sneaky way of establishing what I assumed about them is true (they signify communication between different components of the system).

I believe for the TIS arrows to go green I'd have to buy a subscription from AC Delco.

Just trying to learn from other users. Zilch for operating information that came with the tech2win and the 145 page tech2 user guide is hard for me to read. (https://gsi.ext.gm.com/userguides/GM...User_Guide.pdf)
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:13 PM   #84
Zeebins
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

Quote:
I understand. The main reason I mentioned not having green arrows is because it was a sneaky way of establishing what I assumed about them is true (they signify communication between different components of the system).

I believe for the TIS arrows to go green I'd have to buy a subscription from AC Delco.

Just trying to learn from other users. Zilch for operating information that came with the tech2win and the 145 page tech2 user guide is hard for me to read. (https://gsi.ext.gm.com/userguides/GM...User_Guide.pdf)
I'm not sure what the colors mean but the arrows animate when communication is happening between the car and VXDIAG, and the VXDIAG and the Tech2 software.
97 SL2, auto, 119K miles
Old 12-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #85
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebins View Post
I'm not sure what the colors mean but the arrows animate when communication is happening between the car and VXDIAG, and the VXDIAG and the Tech2 software.

On my screen, the arrows are always there (two between each item). If black I have assumed it means no communication is taking place. If one arrow turns partially green, I assume one way communication is taking place. If both arrows between two items turn partially green, I assume two way communication is taking place.

On my Vue, both arrows turned partially green between the car and mdi but I also received the

STOP THE PRESSES My above assumptions appear to be wrong. Just now, on my laptop, I started Tech2Win, and got a little green on both of the arrows after using the pull-down menus to enter what I believe to be the correct data fro my Vue. Both arrows between the mdi and car turned a little green WITHOUT the VXDIAG install in the car before the following appeared on the screen:

No communication with vehicle
Check Diagnostic Link Connector
Check Ignition (on/off)

I think the pull-down menu that I'm having trouble with for my 2006 Vue is this one:

Select one of the following vehicle types
Passenger Car
LD Trk, MPV, Incomplete
Medium Duty Truck
Workhorse

By the time I try all four, and the engine type that comes after that menu, batteries are dying.

Adding to the colors on the arrows between the Car - mdi - Tech2 - TIS, on my desk top, which I was Unsuccessful loading this software for, I get RED CROSSES on the arrows between the car, mdi and Tech2. The arrows between the Tech2 and TIS are just black.

What does your Tech2Win list for vehicle types for the year 2006?
Old 12-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #86
Zeebins

1997 SL2

Quote:
Select one of the following vehicle types
Passenger Car
LD Trk, MPV, Incomplete
Medium Duty Truck
Workhorse

By the time I try all four, and the engine type that comes after that menu, batteries are dying.

Adding to the colors on the arrows between the Car - mdi - Tech2 - TIS, on my desk top, which I was Unsuccessful loading this software for, I get RED CROSSES on the arrows between the car, mdi and Tech2. The arrows between the Tech2 and TIS are just black.

What does your Tech2Win list for vehicle types for the year 2006?
Mine shows the same vehicle types. I get those red crosses too when I don't have the MDI plugged into the computer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annotation 2019-12-06 170624.jpg (77.3 KB, 16 views)
97 SL2, auto, 119K miles
Old 12-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #87
Bruce Rock

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L

I can cross one vehicle off the list that my Vue is NOT. Workhorse.

Workhorse Group Incorporated is an American manufacturing company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, currently focused on manufacturing electrically powered delivery and utility vehicles.

The company was founded in 1998 by investors who took over the production of General Motors' P30/P32 series stepvan and motorhome chassis.[1] By 2005, they were taken over by Navistar International, which had been selling them diesel engines.[2] Navistar then shuttered the plant in 2012 to cut costs after having suffered heavy losses.[1]

In March 2015, AMP Electric Vehicles took over Workhorse Custom Chassis, changing the company name to Workhorse Group Incorporated, and began offering a range of electrically powered delivery vans.

I didn't know it was GM related.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:39 AM   #88
RMurjuri
RMurjuri is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking of buying this to reprogram a new BCM for my car, Assuming it's my BCM.

So far that is what the symptoms are pointing to.

So my questions are..

Anyone seen the 2005 Vue in the menu?
I was looking at the attached pictures and in the "year" section it jumped from 1997 to 2013, wondering if it's just on a different page.

Is it worth buying if i'm only going to use it maybe 2 times for 1 Vue?
After i fix my Vue i'm going to have to trade it in for other reasons than fixing issues.

Did the Software automatically come with the version 33.004?

Sorry for bumping an old post.
RMurjuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:16 PM   #89
Zeebins

1997 SL2

Yes, it works for a 2005 Vue.

I'd say its worth it even if you only use it once. It costs about the same as 1 hour shop time from a GM dealer.
97 SL2, auto, 119K miles