SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2017, 04:54 PM   #1
EvanVanVan
EvanVanVan is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
Default Revamp the Reputation system!

Lol I'm probably the only person who regularly uses the reputation system to thank people. I try to anyway, but it rarely works. It's crazy how often I get the "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to [username] again." message. I see helpful posts from usernames I would swear I've never seen before, but still get that message... It must remember like the last 20+ you've thanked.

Again, I realize I'm probably the only one who uses it so it doesn't matter, but is anyone really exploiting Reputation points? I don't even know if they're shown anywhere other than your profile page. If anything it would be more useful as time based system, resetting your history after 6 months, allowing repeats again.

Lol anyway...
Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to EvanVanVan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help EvanVanVan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
EvanVanVan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #2
Waiex191
Waiex191 is a jewel in the roughWaiex191 is a jewel in the roughWaiex191 is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2
1998 SC2
Default Re: Revamp the Reputation system!

I use it too, but I am not sure how it works. I just figured out the darker green squares under my avatar represent how many years I've been on SaturnFans. What do the light green squares represent? What is the threshold for senior member, master member and so on?

Bryan Cotton
'99 SL2, 5SP bought new
Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
'98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Waiex191's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Waiex191 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Waiex191 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:07 AM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Revamp the Reputation system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanVanVan View Post
Lol I'm probably the only person who regularly uses the reputation system to thank people. I try to anyway, but it rarely works. It's crazy how often I get the "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to [username] again." message. I see helpful posts from usernames I would swear I've never seen before, but still get that message... It must remember like the last 20+ you've thanked.

......but is anyone really exploiting Reputation points? I don't even know if they're shown anywhere other than your profile page. If anything it would be more useful as time based system, resetting your history after 6 months, allowing repeats again.
I give out reputation responses as often as I can.

You're correct about how the system here remembers who you've given a reputation response to and how it blocks you from giving such a response that member again until you've done it for others. The same thing has happened to me so I've tried to find other messages in forums that I don't frequent as often to give out reputation responses. I think that the system is set up this way to encourage members to look for others whom we may pay less attention to but who have added positively to the website (whether or not one agrees with such an enforcement mechanism to make us give reputation responses because of it).

The points given by any member to another are based on a matrix of the number of posts created and reputation squares earned. Every member gets a green square for joining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiex191 View Post
I use it too, but I am not sure how it works. I just figured out the darker green squares under my avatar represent how many years I've been on SaturnFans. What do the light green squares represent? What is the threshold for senior member, master member and so on?
When you check your User CP page and see the reputations given you'll find blue squares or green squares. Blue squares give no points, but green squares do. Light green squares appear until the fifth square is given. The sixth square starts a new set of four light green squares, but the meaning behind each type of green square is identical. The maximum number of squares one can receive is eleven.

Reputation squares are underneath your login name. The avatar is the picture beneath it. The green squares have no relation to how long anyone has been a member of SaturnFans. With regard to "junior," "senior," or "master" members, it's all based on the number of posts the member has created. Look around your favorite forum area and you'll note the differences. I believe the first change from junior member to member happens at approximately 50 posts. Some other levels are at 500 and then 1000 posts to the best of my knowledge.

311,000 miles - Holy canolli!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 02-11-2019 at 03:20 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote