SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech

Old 11-15-2020, 03:15 PM   #1
GTSRider
GTSRider is a jewel in the roughGTSRider is a jewel in the roughGTSRider is a jewel in the roughGTSRider is a jewel in the rough

Default Drivers Side Front Turn Signal bulb Out

When cars get old they behave strangely. Just returned from a shopping drive, and at last stop, front left, signal does not flash. No worries I think, just replace bulb. Bulb looks good, but put in a new one to be safe.... nothing.... right side signals work , left rear works.... parking light works in the front left bulb, but not signal. As I said...crazy thing is, has been working fine, until I made last stop.
Anyone ever encounter something like this ?
What could it be ?
Pete
Hudson Valley N.Y.
GTSRider is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2020, 06:33 PM   #2
GTSRider
GTSRider is a jewel in the roughGTSRider is a jewel in the roughGTSRider is a jewel in the roughGTSRider is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Drivers Side Front Turn Signal bulb Out

After switching known good right side bulb with non-working left side signal....of course , did not work in left side....so reinstalled back in right side, only to find now right side front signal does not work....W.T.F. !
next put both bulbs back in left and right, and signals WORK on BOTH sides !
What the hell is going on here ? In an online search, I saw another Saturn that had the same problem and said it was a control module. I will search again for the thread, but does anyone know what it is ? I may pick up a spare, and keep
it ready for if this one acts up again.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #3
GTSRider

Found the post...it is the BCM......what do you think...how did this all happen....is it a faulty BCM .... or was it just doing it's job with a lose connection in the plug ?
Old 11-17-2020, 07:13 PM   #4
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSRider View Post
Found the post...it is the BCM......what do you think...how did this all happen....is it a faulty BCM .... or was it just doing it's job with a lose connection in the plug ?
I doubt the BCM is bad. I think it was a bad connection, especially if this is a quad coupe where the front turn signal bulbs also serve as DRLs. It's common for the socket to get hot and melt the base of the bulb in a lot of GM vehicles that use the amber turn signal bulbs as DRLs. The 1997-2003 W-body cars (namely the Oldsmobile Intrigue and Buick Century) are one other example that come to mind. I recommend Wagner bulbs with a glass base in these applications because of this.
2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 183K miles *gone*
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 198K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 56K miles
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:44 PM   #5
GTSRider

Thanks....will try the Wagner bulbs....
Pete
Hudson Valley N.Y.