SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 08:53 AM   #1
uplifta
uplifta is on a distinguished road

Default recalls

hey guys..i remember, there was a post w/ info on all recalls on vues...anyone have that link???

thanx in advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to uplifta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help uplifta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2004, 09:26 AM   #2
uplifta

found it :

http://www.alldata.com/recall/make/S...Truck/VUE.html

everyone should take a look.........

i was in an accident where my vue did three 360's on the highway, due to a rainy nite & some hydro-planing...my vue is a write off

do you guys think the recall for the rear suspension, had anything to do with it..?????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help uplifta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
sspeer
sspeer is on a distinguished road

Sounds more like a speed and tire issue to me.

Pardon the pun, but I don't see how the suspension recall would get any traction

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sspeer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sspeer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:23 AM   #4
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

If you enroll in mysaturn on the Saturn Website you can see any open recalls for your vehicle

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:25 AM   #5
silverbullet
silverbullet is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2
2004 VUE Red Line

I wouldn't believe that suspension comes into play with loss of control on wet roads espicialally when hydro planing is involved.
Three things comes to mind right off the bat here, speed being number one. Tire condition next followed by road conditons which is directly related to the first two. The suspension is what kept you from rolling over during your 360 degree spins. If that suspension was truely a defect I suspect you would have had a rear suspension failure during one of your spins.

Jeff

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverbullet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverbullet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 11:46 AM   #6
uplifta

thanx 4 tha info guys....i appreaciate it very much...

while doing my 360's, the entire front bumper was torn off from the guard rail on the highway & the front passenger wheel, broke after hitting the rail, it was barely hanging on, it would not move when turning the wheel & it was kind of haning off on an angle....

this is what i found on the internet:

www.aiada.org/article.asp?id=21614

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-25-2004, 11:47 AM   #7
uplifta

oh yea.... i was doing about 90km & the tires/vehicle i bought brand new in the beginning of 2003.....42 clicks...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-25-2004, 12:35 PM   #8
KJB
Advanced Member
KJB is on a distinguished road

Huh... I just checked (on My Saturn) to see if there are any recalls on mine, and it said there were none. What happened to the recall on the suspension? I still have the letter Saturn sent a couple of months back.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KJB's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KJB reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 12:40 PM   #9
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

I was going to note that. I haven't seen the one for my VUE. I did see a while ago a Software update. The recalls for my L were in there. Maybe they are waiting until the notice is actually sent out when they ask people to come in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:12 PM   #10
revue
Advanced Member
revue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by KJB
Huh... I just checked (on My Saturn) to see if there are any recalls on mine, and it said there were none. What happened to the recall on the suspension? I still have the letter Saturn sent a couple of months back.
Several weeks ago I asked Saturn Corp what the holdup was on the suspension recall. They said they are waiting on parts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to revue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help revue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #11
3Nailz1Cross
3Nailz1Cross is on a distinguished road

So do you think the Saturn salesman should have mentioned about the recall prior to him selling me a 2004 Saturn? Or do you think they did the suspension repair prior to selling it? I just got it 2 weeks ago.

Dan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 3Nailz1Cross's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 3Nailz1Cross reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 03:25 PM   #12
CaTiRo
CaTiRo is on a distinguished road

yeah the same here, i just picked up a 04 vue a couple weeks ago and the saleman didn't say anything about a recall. do you think the problem was fixed on some of the 04s?

2000 Honda Civic Si -- [I]SOLD[/I]
2004 Saturn Vue (white)
2004 Honda Civic Ex

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CaTiRo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CaTiRo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 03:37 PM   #13
revue
Advanced Member
revue is on a distinguished road

04 Vues with the last six digits of the VIN after 888127 were supposedly built with the new parts, but you'd have to check with Saturn to be sure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to revue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help revue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 03:39 PM   #14
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

This VUE Recall for the Suspension is on voluntary basis....something like Fix-It-At-Your-Will.....

It's not the mandatory one like the Govt regulated......but Saturn is just being Pre-emptive for this thing. But also added frustration to the VUE owners at some point too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 04:46 PM   #15
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally posted by 3Nailz1Cross
So do you think the Saturn salesman should have mentioned about the recall prior to him selling me a 2004 Saturn? Or do you think they did the suspension repair prior to selling it? I just got it 2 weeks ago.
You can also check to see when your VUE was built. I heard that all VUEs built after the annual corporate two-week shutdown (mid-July) have the new parts already installed. Saturn didn't changeover to the 2005 VUEs until late August, so the last month-and-a-half worth of 2004s should be ok.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 05:48 PM   #16
3Nailz1Cross
3Nailz1Cross is on a distinguished road

Great, thanks for the info.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 3Nailz1Cross's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 3Nailz1Cross reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2004, 07:33 PM   #17
andyr13
Advanced Member
andyr13 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
1995 SC2

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...callsearch.cfm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to andyr13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help andyr13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #18
uplifta

for 2004's...everything built after july04 are ok........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-26-2004, 06:51 PM   #19
cleblanc92
cleblanc92 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
Roll Eyes Pre July 4th Delivery

We took delivery just before July 4th....and our VIN is just before the cut-off noted in this thread. It's seems we are new owners of the old part.

...but I still love my VUE!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cleblanc92's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cleblanc92 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread