SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
Dsaturn
Dsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really nice

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Radiator difference

Time for a new Radiator because of a seam leak on mine. I see there are two different Radiators. One with vent tube and one without. How do I tell the difference between the two so I know I order the tight one?

https://www.infowars.com/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2019, 07:47 PM   #2
Russet
Russet has a spectacular aura aboutRusset has a spectacular aura about

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Radiator difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsaturn View Post
Time for a new Radiator because of a seam leak on mine. I see there are two different Radiators. One with vent tube and one without. How do I tell the difference between the two so I know I order the tight one?
Look at your old one that will tell you which one you need.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:33 PM   #3
02 LW300
Advanced Member
02 LW300 is a name known to all02 LW300 is a name known to all02 LW300 is a name known to all02 LW300 is a name known to all02 LW300 is a name known to all02 LW300 is a name known to all

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

The one with the vent tube is for the V6, the one without is for the four cylinder.

2002 L200/5 loaded, loving my stick shift car now with KYB struts and adjustable rear control arms.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02 LW300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02 LW300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02 LW300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:45 AM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 LW300 View Post
The one with the vent tube is for the V6, the one without is for the four cylinder.
Exactly right. Look carefully at any picture descriptions for the new radiator and be sure that it does NOT have the vent tube. Most pictures will show that tube pointing to the left and at the top of the lefthand tank as you're viewing it on a screen.

Both radiators will fit in our cars. The only difference between the two radiators is that vent tube. I thought that I was purchasing a new radiator without the vent tube, but got one with it any way. The radiator came with a cap and clamp over the tube, but the thing is that eventually that cap leaks. It's not a heavy duty part rubber part whatsoever. In my case it took less than a year and a half for that cap to begin cracking and leaking antifreeze.

My little bit of advice: purchase one with the best warranty.

321,000 miles - Holy canolli!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 11-20-2019 at 01:52 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:37 AM   #5
02 LW300
Advanced Member
02 LW300 is a name known to all02 LW300 is a name known to all02 LW300 is a name known to all02 LW300 is a name known to all02 LW300 is a name known to all02 LW300 is a name known to all

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I just bought a Spectra Premium radiator for my daughter’s Chrysler van. From Rock Auto and I am pleased with the quality and fit. $90 delivered in one day, very good service and price. Radiator was made in Canada.

2002 L200/5 loaded, loving my stick shift car now with KYB struts and adjustable rear control arms.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02 LW300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02 LW300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02 LW300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #6
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

$80 is not a bad price for a Spectra Premium from Rockauto for your '01 L.
Is this what you bought?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...431617&jsn=851

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #7
Dsaturn
Dsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really nice

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toggenburg View Post
$80 is not a bad price from Rockauto for the radiator for your '01 L.
Is this what you bought?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...431617&jsn=851
No found one on Ebay for $55 free shipping with no vent. I use Rockauto a lot but also search ebay for the same product. Most times I can find the same part for a dollar or two more with free shipping. I have also found Rockauto has an Ebay page that sells same stuff as on their site but with free shipping.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Dsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-06-2019, 10:01 PM   #8
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

That's a nice find, RockAuto on Ebay with free shipping.
I did not know about that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:56 AM   #9
Dsaturn

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toggenburg View Post
That's a nice find, RockAuto on Ebay with free shipping.
I did not know about that.
On some items not all like in their catalog. Its hit and miss on some stuff for our cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!