SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2019, 12:18 AM   #1
M1e9r5c6
M1e9r5c6 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default 21 transmission codes!!

I sure hope you all can help me figure out my daughters ion. Itís an 05 2.2 auto trans and it is having a lot of codes up right now. Little back ground:
1) Car had the TCM replaced several months ago at the dealer
2) two days ago she killed the battery stone dead by leaving the lights on over night
3) I recharged the battery on trickle charge over night the next day.
4) one day later it starts fine and she drives around all day without issue
5) that same evening she come home from work and says the engine light is on
So I pulled the codes and there are 21 of them!! Hereís the list.
P0603,0717,0722,0741,0756,0843,0723,0751,0742,0752 ,0973,0976,,1816,1818,2534,2763,U2100.
I took it for a drive tonight and it shifts into drive and reverse fine but it is not shifting as I drive.
From my untrained eye it mostly looks like the TCM is fried or something has gone horribly wrong in the transmission. Can anyone please help? I sure hope this isnít going to cost a bunch to fix!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to M1e9r5c6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help M1e9r5c6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
M1e9r5c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 21 transmission codes!!

Check standing battery voltage. If it's below 12v when a good battery is always around 12.5v, the battery may be damaged from the complete discharge. Car batteries are not designed to be completely discharged. According to old info, lead acid batteries are rated for discharging down to about 80% of capacity then recharged by the alternator as we drive. Since starters draw the most current, the brief current draw doesn't discharge batteries much while the alternator recharges it. This allows a long life cycle. Discharging below 80% capacity begins to shorten its life cycle. The best way to determine if the battery is faulty is by store tests. Find an AutoZone or your favorite auto store for free battery testing. Examine both battery cables for corrosion then check to be sure alternator output is around 14.5v. The two volt difference between battery and alternator is for supplying all the electrical needs of the vehicle while recharging the battery each time its used to power the starter.

The easiest way to determine if all those error codes are genuine is to reset them; disconnecting battery negative for 30 seconds or use a reader with reset capability. Genuine errors will reappear.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote