SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #1
Jomama
Jomama is on a distinguished road

Default 2009 Saturn Vue recall

I keep getting notices about a recall related to the odometer skipping a beat when powering up. I havent noticed anything like that, altho it may be too small. But has anyone experienced the problem. Or is this a ploy to get me into the shop. The car has 37k on it and it running great. I hate to take it in to a dealer shop Im sure they will find a lot of stuff to replace. Is this just a software update?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jomama's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jomama reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jomama is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2018, 05:36 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2009 Saturn Vue recall

Can you scan this letter to upload here for all to see? Preview any snapshots on a full size screen. If you can't read it because of out of focus/low contrast/poor backlighting/whatever, don't expect anyone here to read it. Second, resize the image(s) if image file size are a few megabytes. This site will not accept large file sizes. Resize if necessary to around one megabyte and reformat to jpeg to be acceptable as thumbnail attachments. Ignore any error messages about new members prevented from attaching images until acquiring 15 post counts. Multi megabyte image file size is the problem, not post counts.

Some ways to determine whether letters are genuine or not;
1- Did the letter come addressed with either a first class postage stamp or machine stamped with lettering stating 'First Class' on the top right corner or is it stamped 'Bulk rate'. First class letters tend to be genuine while bulk rate letters get discount postage rates because they're usually ads or phony notices appearing as genuine to lure people in. It costs money paying for first class letters in a mass mailing (recall campaign) while thousands of ads paid by bulk rate postage cost next to nothing. Phony ads, cheaper postage rates = junk mail.

2- First class letters mailed to anyone from a business as large as GM might have a GM logo on the envelope, the enclosed letter may have a GM logo along with a formal uniform notice of technical service bulletins related to model and year with engine and xmission info if more specific. Copies of GM service bulletins and the document format used for years are easily found with a Google search. GM service bulletins have the GM logo on the bottom left portion of the page and can be as simple as a single page or several. Some service bulletins are reprinted here in these forums and serve as examples to anyone unfamiliar with GM bulletins. Remember, GM must inform thousands of dealers as well as mass mailings if a recall is made so a uniform document was created years ago to differentiate genuine information from scam letters/junk mail or flyers printed up locally to lure unsuspecting vehicle owners into dealerships or used car lots on the pretext of supposedly genuine problems. It's always consumer beware.

You can always search for recall notices from sites like NTSB or consumer sites freely posting service bulletins from vehicle manufacturers. GM may even provide service bulletins online.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #3
Jomama

I cant paste or attach it but this is the GM information tag. MFGR CAMPAIGN #:
GM 15806. I have gotten several notices about this from GM and dealers. Surely some other Vue owner has gotten this

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Jomama reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
I cant paste or attach it but this is the GM information tag. MFGR CAMPAIGN #:
GM 15806. I have gotten several notices about this from GM and dealers. Surely some other Vue owner has gotten this
Perhaps this will help other owners understand what would have been a free service if completed by November 30, 2018 and after that some sort of fix under warranty may apply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg odo-1.jpg (94.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg odo-2.jpg (113.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg odo-3.jpg (134.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg odo-4.jpg (117.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg odo-5.jpg (69.2 KB, 4 views)

I try to visit forum daily but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

Last edited by far2grumpy; 12-27-2018 at 08:09 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:14 PM   #5
Jomama

Thank you very much for this information, Mr Grumpy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-05-2019, 06:28 AM   #6
jamesl285
jamesl285 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
Perhaps this will help other owners understand what would have been a free service if completed by November 30, 2018 and after that some sort of fix under warranty may apply.
Thanks Grumpy, I was searching for this

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jamesl285's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jamesl285 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jamesl285 is offline   Reply With Quote