SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
justVUEit
justVUEit is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Trailer Hitch?

Has anyone installed a trailer hitch on their new Aura? I'd consider one just for a bike carrier. eTrailer lists class I and II hitches available for the Aura.

How about bike carriers for the Aura?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to justVUEit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help justVUEit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
justVUEit is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
bbkrish
bbkrish is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Trailer Hitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justVUEit View Post
Has anyone installed a trailer hitch on their new Aura? I'd consider one just for a bike carrier. eTrailer lists class I and II hitches available for the Aura.

How about bike carriers for the Aura?
There is both class 1 and class 2 receiver style for the aura.

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2007_Saturn_Aura.htm

If you go class 2 you can set up with any number of bike racks designed for 1-1/4 " receivers.. Up to 4 bikes ... We like Softride racks as they offer more features for less $ . But Yakima or Thule or Sportsrack make equally good racks for the hitch style.

Uhaul has the hitch Drawtite model #36327 .. this Uhaul has both bike racks and the hitch. Are you planning on towing? Owners manual capacity is ? The Class 2 hitch maximum capacity is 3500#.. and 350 pound trailer tongue weight on the hitch. Tongue weight gives you enough for a 4 bike rack without imparing the hitch or mounting points..
Good luck with it..
And yes, I match and ship anywhere in the country.. Fedex loves us..
Reservation with deposit or full pay at 1-800-528-0463.. Over the counter or install .. All installers are not equal...

The Pro's in Beaverton Oregon.
location 704080

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bbkrish's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bbkrish reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bbkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
Andy07xr
Andy07xr is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

isn't the class II reciever much larger than the class I? I would think for the Aura you would want the class I just for the fact that the reciever is smaller and won't be as noticable as the larger class II. The aura probably only has 1000 lb towing limit which would match up with the class I. I hadn't really though about he tounge weight though, I guess you have to look at how many bikes you would need to carry.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Andy07xr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Andy07xr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Andy07xr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #4
justVUEit
justVUEit is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2002 VUE 2.2L

Class I and II receiver sizes are the same, 1.25 x 1.25. Class III is the larger receiver size.

The difference between I and II besides tow capacity is tongue weight. It looks like only the class II bike carriers can carry 4 bikes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to justVUEit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help justVUEit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
justVUEit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
Andy07xr
Andy07xr is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

hmm that's odd because our company van has a class I and has a tiny reciever I think it's the 1.25", while my old Escape had a class II with a much larger reciever, and our new TrailBlazer uses the same hitch I used on the Ford and it's more like a 2". Maybe they were class III that's why I'm getting confused on the size.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Andy07xr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Andy07xr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Andy07xr is offline   Reply With Quote