SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 09-16-2020, 02:48 AM   #21
joeperil
joeperil is on a distinguished road

Default Re: "Service Traction" - "Service ESC" comes up

I have had this numerous times on my '07 Aura.

It was always either a bad wheel speed sensor or a break or short in the ABS wiring harness.

Unfortunately if it is a bad wheel speed sensor you will have to replace the wheel bearing and hub as it had the stupid speed sensor integrated into it. This turns a $50-$100 problem into one costing several hundred if a shop does it for you.

If it is the wiring you have to chase down to where the problem is and repair it. After two repairs I recently just had a mechanic replace the ABS wiring harness. The first time it was damaged by a mouse. The second time a wire just broke. The last time some water might have gotten into one of the prior repairs and caused the signal to fail.

If you are lucky, it could be just on of the connectors at the hub is loose.

And yes, for those that are selling, I can't see getting a decent price for the car with this problem since it lights up the ABS, traction control off, and stability control lights as well as always flashing "SERVICE TRACTION" on the display.
joeperil is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links