SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
electricbluevue
electricbluevue is on a distinguished road

Default shift linkage clip/retainer clip? Need to find one.

95 sc2 coupe manual trans. has a popped off and lost shift linkage clip/retainer clip. Where would i locate one to purchase? I found one for an automatic but i am not sure if that would work for a manual.
Hubby says it looks like this:
http://www.rmeuropean.com/Part-Numbe..._5C1313F8.aspx

and that it keeps the shifting cable from popping off(thus losing ability to shift into 1,2 gear). It is not the top one(horizontal shifting) but the one underneath that is for vertical shifting.
He put the retainer clip back on and was able to make it home but it popped off on the way home(luckily the cable didn't pop off a second time) and now it is gone for good.
Does anyone have a part number? Can we get this part at an auto store? If I call up saturn am I calling it the correct name?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to electricbluevue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help electricbluevue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
electricbluevue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
shadowspiyre99
shadowspiyre99 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
Default Re: shift linkage clip/retainer clip? Need to find one.

any auto parts place should have them there universal i actually just got mine at a hardware store for .33 cents

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to shadowspiyre99's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help shadowspiyre99 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
shadowspiyre99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
electricbluevue

Advanced auto parts did not have it. The guy gave my husband a number to the junk yard.
A friend suggested to zip tie it.
Is it an e-clip or c clip? I am starting to think that the clip that was on it was possibly someones quick fix and not the real clip that should be on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help electricbluevue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
ShawnV
Master Member
ShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2
2003 VUE 2.2L

That clip in the link is the correct one. Try a hardware store like the previous poster suggested you can't beat .33 cents (three for one cent) if you can find it.

A junkyard would definitely have it. The same clip is what holds the clutch pedal to the rod inside the car. The automatic doesn't have one.

If you can't find one and can wait, I'd be happy to mail you one.

shawn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ShawnV's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ShawnV reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ShawnV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
electricbluevue

If I send dh to Lowes what section would he go to and would the clip have a name or is it just with all the misc. metal clips?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
ShawnV
Master Member
ShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2
2003 VUE 2.2L

There should be another clip on the car - you could take it with you to a few hardware stores.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ShawnV's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ShawnV reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ShawnV is offline   Reply With Quote