SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
gbalbach
gbalbach is on a distinguished road

Default 2001 L200 brake noise

Hello everyone,

I have searched through the L forum and L tech forum and can't find my exact issue anywhere so I thought I would post for some advice...

My 2001 L200 with 58k miles on it is making some really weird brake noises. I have had the local Saturn dealer and a local Firestone dealer check them out and no one can seem to find the problem. Once I have been driving and using the brakes for a few minutes I start to hear a grinding sound, like a metal on metal sound, when I apply the brakes. It happens at least half of the time I apply the brakes to slow down or stop. It is more noticable at slow speeds. There is a also a little squeaking with it, but its the grinding sound that is so unnatural. The car seems to stop fine and it has had new brakes all around about 10k ago - i'm not hard on the brakes, the car just seems to eat them up. I had the car inspected 2 weeks ago for the yearly inspection and the dealer told me the brakes looked great. What seems strange is that I can slow down at one traffic light and the brakes sound like I have no pads on them at all, then I get to the next light and they don't make a sound, as if something is loose somewhere? Any suggestions/tips/ideas would be most welcome so I can tell the mechanic what to look for

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gbalbach's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gbalbach reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gbalbach is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links