SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
GDP-89SC2
GDP-89SC2 is on a distinguished road

Default Sunroof won't work and leaking water

I have a 98 SC2 and the sunroof wont work. Also it's leaking water into the trunk the passenger side floor and around the sunroof only on the right half of the car. I was wondering if anyone had this problem before or if anyone can suggest any ideas.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GDP-89SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GDP-89SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GDP-89SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
DJboozeAlot
Advanced Member
DJboozeAlot is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2
Default Re: Sunroof won't work and leaking water

well, i don't know how the 98 sunroof differs from a 92, but on my 92 sc2, if you remove the headliner, you can see rubber tubing at the corners of the sunroof that the water drains out. on my 92, the tubing towards the front of the car were routed underneath the a pillar, and eventually exit under the car near the wheel well.

those rubber tubes get clogged and the water cannot drain properly, and builds up in the track of the sunroof, and eventually overflows onto your head while you drive (thats what mine did, anyways). clean these lines out and that should stop your problem. i shoved a hanger into mine, and a bunch of leaves and debris started coming out. then pour some water down the tubes to flush the rest of the crap out. or if you have an air compressor, some compressed air should be able to blow it all out.

as for the sunroof not working, i'm not sure... i believe it's a pretty common problem amoung saturn owners, so use the search button

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DJboozeAlot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DJboozeAlot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DJboozeAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
jdcart
jdcart is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Sunroof won't work and leaking water

You likely have two separate problems here. 1.) The guiderails on the sunroof are broken. See the Sunroof Dr. for a replacement module. 2.) The water in the trunk issue is likely a separate problem. It is coming from a split seam underneath the quarter panel. A fix is described here in the forum. (The water leak is not likely due to the sunroof drains.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jdcart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jdcart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jdcart is offline   Reply With Quote