SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
ejscarfo
ejscarfo is on a distinguished road

Default 2004 Vue Roof Rack - Cleats?

Hey fellas! Its been a while since I've posted but I have a quick question and hopefully I can get some good advice. I recently installed the roof rack cross bars on my 04 Vue. They are the same bars that sold at the dealer (the instructions are terrible btw). I installed them to use with a roof-top cargo bag. I've used this cargo bag on the roof of my old Explorer attaching it to the 2 cross bars similar to the way I will attach it to my Vue. However, my Explorer had movable eye hook attachments on the side rail so I could tie across as well. The Vue does not. I've searched and there were no accessories I can find specifically for the Vue so I started thinking I could screw in some nylon boat deck cleats into the side rail in order to secure the bag on the sides as well. I also found some Highland fold away cleats at AutoZone I think might work.

Has anyone done something like this? I would appreciate all suggestions and if you have pictures, part numbers, etc. that would be most helpful.

---------------------------
2004 Saturn Vue FWD 5 spd
2014 Honda Accord LX
2013 Honda Civic LX
1985 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Pontiac Trans Am

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ejscarfo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ejscarfo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ejscarfo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
ejscarfo
ejscarfo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2004 Vue Roof Rack - Cleats?

I picked a set of small nylon cleats at the local West Marine, screwed them into the side rail and was good to go. They worked like a charm and are small enough not to be seen.

---------------------------
2004 Saturn Vue FWD 5 spd
2014 Honda Accord LX
2013 Honda Civic LX
1985 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Pontiac Trans Am

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ejscarfo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ejscarfo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ejscarfo is offline   Reply With Quote