SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
mpit91
mpit91 is on a distinguished road

Default QUICK QUESTION... Symptoms of bad TPS?

Quick question here. Can I get some symptoms of a bad or failing throttle position sensor?

Im having downshift issues when the engine/trans gets hot and i am braking to a stop. By this, i mean that the car doesnt want cycle down the gears like it is supposed to. I think it is staying in 2nd or something.

To avoid this problem, I put the car in neutral when braking and coming to a stop light. The RPMs stay at around 2 until i come to a full and complete stop and then the car decides to idle very normally, right at 750.

Reason I suspect the TPS is because I installed a new one, (not sure if the old one was bad) and apparently there is a learning process. I tried resetting the PCM with the battery disconnected for 10 mins, but it didnt fix the problem above.

I dont think its the IAC valve because i just cleaned away all the carbon buildup in the throttle body which made the car idle better.

Any insight would be appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mpit91's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mpit91 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mpit91 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links